[Things that bug mii] After a wiik with the wii...

It's a great system. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I only have one complaint.

That complaint is...

Spoiler

So it doesn't bug you that one of the features of the Wii is of such poor quality that it's basically unusable.

Okay. That makes sense.

Well you initially forgot to mention that you hated it because of its poor quality as opposed to you hating whole idea of a speaker on the remote (which was what i thought you meant).

Only mentioning it later and the proceeding to ridicule everyone is poor form. Especially when you make such crap analogies.

So it doesn't bug you that one of the features of the Wii is of such poor quality that it's basically unusable.

Okay. That makes sense.

I have no problem with the speaker on the remote, it's not meant to be a 5.1 surround sound w/ 12" sub. I think it's cool when playing Zelda that the fairy's laughter comes from that speaker for example.

But as you said, you can turn it off.. so complaining about it makes as little sense as your analogies do. Turning the speaker off doesn't turn the entire controller off.

I have no problem with the speaker on the remote, it's not meant to be a 5.1 surround sound w/ 12" sub. I think it's cool when playing Zelda that the fairy's laughter comes from that speaker for example.

But as you said, you can turn it off.. so complaining about it makes as little sense as your analogies do. Turning the speaker off doesn't turn the entire controller off.

The speaker quality is terrible. I was excited about having a speaker in the remote, as I knew developers could do some pretty cool things with it.

When I first swung the sword in Zelda and realized how tinny and embarrassing it sounded, I was pretty disappointed. There's not much that developers can do to overcome the fact that any sound effect they have come from the remote will be filled with static and reproduced in an extremely grating, tinny way.

It's a perfectly legitimate thing to be upset about.

Back