08.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

22.jpg

The first 2 were good, i'll probably buy it.

Something tells me they'll focus too much on 3rd person. They said it was just a toggle, but I'm sure the whole damn thing will be design around it. After Deus Ex 2, I'm sure they're going to screw this up real good with some of their "great" gameplay ideas.

EDIT: And it's going to be just like Splinter Cell instead of Thief, and SC will probably own this ... Bah.

I'll wait for the demo thanks, and if it's anything like Invisible War was, I won't buy it. But that's only because I never played either of the first 2 thief games... I still don't regret buying Invisible War, haha.

I think in this game you'll be able to fight a little better than in previous games, but of course sneaking is the main thing.

PyroTeknik said:
Something tells me they'll focus too much on 3rd person. They said it was just a toggle, but I'm sure the whole damn thing will be design around it. After Deus Ex 2, I'm sure they're going to screw this up real good with some of their "great" gameplay ideas.
Yup. I didn't much care for the past Thief games, but after DE2, I have no hopes for this one. I'm convinced that the first Deus Ex was an accident.

The only steath based game that I really cared for was MGS2:Substance. Thief is alright, and I'll definitely give the 3rd installment spin.

The first two Thief games amused me to some extent, but not being able to defend yourself well was a bit of a pain in the ass.

I like the stealth action deal, however I also like having the option of dropping an enemy when I feel like it :p

Vampire said:
The first two Thief games amused me to some extent, but not being able to defend yourself well was a bit of a pain in the ass.

I like the stealth action deal, however I also like having the option of dropping an enemy when I feel like it :p

agreed...this is what makes splinter cell so awesome..the best of both worlds

I was excited for Thief 3 till I found it that is being produced by the same geniuses who ruined Deus Ex 2, AND on top of that Thief 3 is running on the Deus Ex 2 engine. oh also its being designed for Xbox and PC which means all settings will be dumbed down beyond belief for graphics. If theres a demo or something I'll give it a try but I don't want to flat out buy it till i know its not tainted with retardation like DE2 was.

Back