There's a point when you've had enough

Ddrakon

Veteran XV
Sorry if some parts of this post are hard to understand - English is my second language and I'm pissed off to no end right now.

Before, I go on with the story, let's put in some context. I drive a Mazda3 Sports (hatchback) 2005, we bought it new. I share it with my big brother. He rides the shit out of it, I drive carefully since I haven't had my driving license for too long.

In the last few months, we haven't been able to drive it very much anyways. First, it had an air conditioner problem. Then, the engine blew up. They said it was a problem with the air intake and apparently fixed it. When we get it back, there's a problem that makes it so it doesn't give enough gas... so it stalls very easily and compresses too much (I think it was a problem with something called the "idle" or something, pardon my french). They fix that and it actually seems to ride decently, then one week later the engine blows up again! They keep blaming us, then they find there was a problem with the anti-pollution valves. So, we bought it new and it already had like 4-5 problems and it doesn't even have 50k miles on it.

Now, about three weeks ago, I had an accident. I had a courtesy car, the ones they loan you when your car is getting repaired. It had rained during the night and I was heading to college - I live on a mountain. There's a stop sign, then it goes down pretty abruptly and it curves. Well, some construction van was parked in my lane (illegally) in the middle of the curve. When I saw it, I tried to brake to see if someone was coming from the other side so I could pass it (mind you I wasn't going fast at all, I had just done a stop sign), but as soon as I hit the brakes, the car started drifting and the car hit a rock in a resident's driveway from the side, so it flipped and I landed upside-down in the trench. Luckily, I wasn't injured.

Now, if I had hit the truck, it would've been his fault since he wasn't supposed to be there. However, since I didn't hit it, I'm liable because I lost control. Thing is, when the cops got there, they noticed that the tires on the courtesy car were fucking finished and dangerous. As far as I know, the airbags didn't even open and the brakes weren't very good either. We requested an inspection on the courtesy car to prove that it wasn't safe, but from what my father told me, it didn't really do anything. In short, I got the accident because 1) the dude was parked in the middle of a curve on a road that goes down abruptly and 2) the car wasn't in a safe condition. Thus, I have to pay $500 and my rates are probably going up.

Fast forward to today. We got it back from the garage about a week ago after this whole courtesy car fiasco and it seems to be working pretty well. I was working 9:00 to 17:00 today. I work in a mall and my car was like 50 meters from a god damn entrance. Well, apparently, that wasn't enough to stop a piece of shit from breaking into my car while I was working and stealing at least one piece, the ignition.

He drilled a hole through the door handle to unlock it, then he ripped out the plastic around the steering wheel to cut the wires and steal the piece(s). Car couldn't start, obviously, so I had to call my house to get a lift and have it towed.

Insurance company is probably going to rip me a new one because of these two events... and it's not even my fault. I must be in the 10% of teenagers who actually drive safely and responsibly, but I get fucked like this because I was unlucky.

Cliffs
- Car had a lot of problems even though it's a 2005, we bought it new and it doesn't even have 50k miles.
- I had an accident with a courtesy car while my car was getting repaired that wasn't my fault, but apparently I'm liable.
- Car gets jacked while I'm working, cockface steals at least one piece.
- Insurance company gonna rip me a new one even though I'm one of the few safe teen drivers.
- I need a punching bag.

wow, that sucks.

With my accident [not my fault], the other persons insurance fully covered my rental car. This is obviously not your case with service rentals.

Sue the company for giving you an unsafe loaner vehicle, which inturn didn't help when you had to take evasive action on poor condition roads.

Last edited:
Sorry if some parts of this post are hard to understand - English is my second language and I'm pissed off to no end right now.

Ok. I don't want to ever see you post this crap again. Your written English is better than 90% of TW.

Oh yeah, go back home, we don't need your kind.

Just to clarify a bit, while French is my native language, I'm not from France.

Hopefully that'll bring a bit more sympathy!

he didnt choose to be raised speaking french

and he speaks english now.

way better than the spics.

Just to clarify a bit, while French is my native language, I'm not from France.

Hopefully that'll bring a bit more sympathy!

2068ultimates12_pyrate_p25.jpg

i own a 2004 mazda 3 and i've never once had a mechanical hitch. your brother must be fucking hard on that car?

oh and the ignition will be useless to this person because the only way it works is by having keys programed for it. and the only way they do this at the dealership is if you have both keys and the car.

the keys are $100 each :(...i found out the hard way...twice..

While he does ride it pretty hard, most of these problems weren't caused by his driving as far as I know. Itt didn't help, but it was malfunctioning anyways.

Back