The official "I don't ever want kids" thread

I have 3 kids, the oldest of which is 2 and a half. I always wanted to have kids but never really planned for it. I can honestly say that I never knew joy until I had my children. Whenever I'm feeling down I can think about them and I'm in a good mood. It's the hardest work of my life and free time is almost nonexistent but it doesn't matter. I never felt purpose in my life until I had them.

I certainly wouldn't recommend them for everyone. Hell, many of you savages not having kids is a good thing. But for myself I wouldn't want to be without them.

i'll have one in the 35-45 year range probably

that leaves 11-21 more years of independence, until i get married that is

My son looks at the screen all the time. He likes the sigs. Especially Highfive's (he thinks the mustard is funny... lol) and whoever has teh one with the fruit in the fridge with the faces on it.
He is also very proud to be my 'assistant brewmaster' when i brew :)

edit:
he will be 3 at the end of this month

the hotdog is my sig and everyone has stolen it

:cry:

I can't fucking stand the people that constantly talk about their kids and won't talk about ANYTHING else. I really want to punch them in the face and steal their jackets.

I can't fucking stand the people that constantly talk about their kids and won't talk about ANYTHING else. I really want to punch them in the face and steal their jackets.

besides other heffer time vampire cunts, who can stand those people?

Little kids, like the ones who did most of the shit in the pictures, do need to be watched pretty much 24/7. Fortunately, they need more sleep at nights than adults, and also take naps. Then once they get to be about 4, preschool and past that regular school, sports, friends etc.

Any parent who tells you they have all types of free time is either lying, or a lazy parent. But, I do have free time, and I definitely enjoy it more than I ever did. I also had kids pretty young, so by the time I am 45 my kids will both be out of the house.

The difference is, I actually enjoy spending time with my kids, so it isn't a big deal that I don't get to do all the stuff that I did before I had children.

I don't think any parent in this thread is trying to say that having kids is all fun all the time, or that it is easy. It is hard work, but it is well worth it, if you put the time in. I am a proponent of only having kids if you actually want them though. I have no problem with people abstaining from becoming parents, especially if they are concerned about having free time.
Yeah exactly. I just took a vacation with the wife for a week and we drove up and down the east coast, climbed a mountain, partied for a couple days with open bar at a cousin's wedding and hit NJ/PA for some Philly and Atlantic City treatment. Great times.

But I missed my kids to death and while I'd love to have the freedom to just do whatever now that I'm tied to them, I have no idea what the fuck I would do if I didn't have them around. They give me a reason to plan activities for the weekends quite honestly. And since they're little, my wife and I worked out a training schedule to stay in shape, which was basically my chief activity during college. She exercises in the morning before work, I go to the gym at night after the kids hit the hay at 7-7:30.

Do I have the time and money to still train BJJ or take up golf or something? No. Do "date nights" need to be planned out so someone can watch the kids? Well yeah. But that free time I have is way more treasured, I do get out sometimes and the rest of the time I have a ball with my pal and little lady.

People just need to have kids as late as possible.

Why couples have babies when they are in the infancy of their earning power with zero savings, and likely a lot of debt is beyond me.
Because it's biologically stupid. The longer you wait, the more likely your kid is going to be defective in some manner*. Your 20s (or heck, late teens) are the peak of your reproductive & physical fitness and is when you should be having kids.

But due to social and monetary reasons, this is often not practical.

* Protip: If you're reading TW, you're a nerd and are statistically screwed anyhow

Can't catch up to the thread just yet, but I agree with OP on all points. I just cNt imagine devoting 20+ years of my life and a large percentage of my net income on raising a kid. I seriously think I would come to resent the kid for inhibiting all the shit I want to do in my life, which is awful even if you can hide it/lie about it. I'm the youngest of 3 kids, and I'm pretty sure that my parents could have retired 5+ years ago if they didn't have me, as it is they're both 60 and still working because they busted their asses to put 3 kids through college. I know they want to retire badly, travel, move south, etc. I can see it in them, and I know what would be going through my mind in that situation is "was the last one really worth it?". I know I'd probably be saying that about the first one.

I felt this way when I was younger, but once I had my first I decided to have another. It's the coolest thing you'll ever do, your own little mimic.

it grows on you

even as a dying strung out drug addict i think of my daughter as one of the only good things ive ever done.

it really hits you back once you have one.

Because it's biologically stupid. The longer you wait, the more likely your kid is going to be defective in some manner*. Your 20s (or heck, late teens) are the peak of your reproductive & physical fitness and is when you should be having kids.

But due to social and monetary reasons, this is often not practical.

* Protip: If you're reading TW, you're a nerd and are statistically screwed anyhow
@_@

What depresses me is that, I don't want kids for many of the reasons mentioned here but the fact that my parents, their parents, so on and so on have fucking worked hard lives and looked after some awesome kids of their own and then I came into the world and won't carry on the family? so it just stops there? :(

I am a lazy bastard, irresponsible with money but trying to earn a career so that the future chance I do have one, I'm prepared.

... or something.

What depresses me is that, I don't want kids for many of the reasons mentioned here but the fact that my parents, their parents, so on and so on have fucking worked hard lives and looked after some awesome kids of their own and then I came into the world and won't carry on the family? so it just stops there? :(

I am a lazy bastard, irresponsible with money but trying to earn a career so that the future chance I do have one, I'm prepared.

... or something.

if you feel guilty about not "carrying" the family name - don't worry, it'll stop when you're dead.

... or something.

There's other lines of your family still running. Don't fucking worry about it. It's just a name and nothing more. The sooner you can accept that the sooner you will feel better.

Back