The Implications of the Boost

I don't really see LD using repair, probly not enough time to heal for a second dj if the game is so fast...

Ld feel free to correct me, I cap I don't ld, but you use 1 dj to go from stationary to moving, then if you got one more you would use it at the top of your next ski route...thats not a lot of time for self repair.

what you forget...is that you want the epack to give you the energy to efficiently USE your DJ's...if you DJ with no energy, the dj serves almost no purpose. any T1 player knows that. also, if i am thinking into this correctly, you overestimate the healing capabilities of the repair pack 'passive mode' i believe that it will heal at a VERY slow rate, and just build you up over time. therefore, in a decent game, you will not have time to heal if you are CHASING a FLAG CAPPER...who are moving FAST. the benefit to me is mainly for LD (but not for chasers), who tend to sit in one place for a very long time. good LD don't have to worry about chasing, cuz they don't let the capper get away. therefore, while guarding the flag they slowly build up HP they lost defending flag.

I can agree with that. But in T1, you could chase just fine without an e-pack. So we'll see. I think at least stay at home LD will enjoy the repair pack.

With good skiing physics, it can be a lot of fun to LD with other packs, such as the shield and repair packs.

Ah, but not because the idea is bad, it is merely less efficient Shoddy. In T2 you can't effectively cap and chase without an e-pack. That's a mistake of game design (it was intended to stop naked players from playing effectively, and ended up making the e-pack the superior pack).

In Tribes 1, you can play without an e-pack!

If T:V is designed in such a way that you can ski around without an e-pack (like T1 instead of T2), then maybe we'll see people skiing about with other packs for other advantages.

Zoolooman said:
Let me clarify:

You have to have full PACK ENERGY.

This energy stuff is confusing, so p-energy is pack energy, and j-energy is jetpack energy.

The boost can only be used with p-energy and only if your p-energy is full. j-energy is not drained when the boost is activated, only p-energy.

so its safe to say boost capacity or b is equal to p x j, or rather: B=PJ^2

lol

Back