The House I Live In... Go See It!

Wraithed

Veteran XX
I saw it. It was well done and extremely upsetting.

Playlist of clips from the movie:

"The House I Live In" clip - Making rational decisions in a limited economy - YouTube

This Country has to stop wasting money on the "War on Drugs."

"In 2001, Portugal became the first European country to abolish all criminal penalties for personal drug possession. In addition, drug users were to be targeted with therapy rather than prison sentences. Research commissioned by the Cato Institute and led by Glenn Greenwald found that in the five years after the start of decriminalisation, illegal drug use by teenagers had declined, the rate of HIV infections among drug users had dropped, deaths related to heroin and similar drugs had been cut by more than half, and the number of people seeking treatment for drug addiction had doubled."

Funny thing is I can't even recall any recent arguments from politicians for the continuation of this "war" like I could in the past. I think they probably know most Americans realize by now that the war is just a veiled excuse to appease the financial interests of the prison systems and others in that industry like that trailer mentions.

Funny thing is I can't even recall any recent arguments from politicians for the continuation of this "war" like I could in the past. I think they probably know most Americans realize by now that the war is just a veiled excuse to appease the financial interests of the prison systems and others in that industry like that trailer mentions.

Well you are kind of correct. They definitely do not use the term "war on drugs" anymore.

However, there are still people pushing things like "mandatory minimums." California Prop 35 is an attempt to put higher mandatory minimum sentences on people convicted of "human trafficking." Which is extremely broadly defined. All this is going to do is put more non-violent criminals in our prisons for extended sentences.

So yes, they aren't outright acting tough on the "war on drugs" but they are still pulling the same stupid shenanigans.

Prop 36 in California is an attempt to fix some of this. They want to remove non violent third offenses from the third strikes law! :clap:

Last edited:
That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!
god.jpg

dark.jpg

"... , and the number of people seeking treatment for drug addiction had doubled."
Treatment of heroin and opiate addicitons has a success rate of under 10% (iirc). So you might wonder why they persists in "treating" these addicts. :lol:

It would be cheaper and more cost effective to simple supply unlimited drugs for free. An addict should have a right to die, but this doesn't "make work" for the intelligentsia. Better to pretend a "we are teh carings societar" and then make work for the intelligentsia care bears.

Aside: Why hasn't anyone in the medical community been executed for allowing such an addictive drug like oxycontin for public consumption and sale?

I won't learn a thing from this documentary that I don't already know (as anyone should that has a brain).

What I'm curious is, what % of the morons supporting that the anti-drug war movement, still vote for the likes of Obama and/or Romney?

I won't learn a thing from this documentary that I don't already know (as anyone should that has a brain).

Exactly what I was thinking. I won't bother, especially since it would probably just make me pissed off watching it - I can't stand how the ignorance of this country dictates it's policies. Watch "The Union" if anyone is interested, its focus is just on marijuana but it's the same idea.

Back