The Departed was produced by Brad Pitt?

produced = financed...
So if it says Producer: Brad Pitt, that just means he forked out the dough to cover the expenses of making the movie.

also, Infernal Affairs > The Departed.

Ya, it really just took me off guard. I've never seen internal affairs, and I'm not all that versed in Pitt productions, but if The Departed is a carbon copy of IA, then I'd imagine it would be a good place for a novice producer to begin.

edit: and he wasn't executive-he was one of 3 standard producers. They should have had the entire oceans 11 cast produce.

produced = financed...
So if it says Producer: Brad Pitt, that just means he forked out the dough to cover the expenses of making the movie.

Well, it can mean a range of things and not just handing over money.

The odds are he had some creative input into production, but was one of a ton of various "producers" who i believe do everything from oversee development, to handle funding, to make budget decisions, etc. For all we know, his task was just to help wrestle the big name actors into the cast.

Basically... the term "producer" seems to have become almost meaningless in hollywood.

DEparted > Infernal Affairs

You wanna know why? Because the departed isn't some obscure B-film that only 43 people know about.

yeah. instead, it's a watered down, dumbed down hollywood version of a movie that was good to begin with but that most americans would otherwise have been too stupid to appreciate.

but

but

it had a rat at the end (on a high level of a skyscraper mind you)

they use symbolism

DEparted > Infernal Affairs

You wanna know why? Because the departed isn't some obscure B-film that only 43 people know about.

Because everyone knows popularity = quality. That kind of mentality is why stupid americans get butchered remakes of classic movies.

produced = financed...

also, Infernal Affairs > The Departed.
Incorrect.

Maybe 30 years ago that was basically the extent to which the producer was involved in making a movie, but these days the producer has more say about the movie's creation than the director.

Last edited:
The Departed was good. Not the best movie ever, but I think it was damn good. Haven't seen Internal Affairs though.

In a nutshell, what makes IA better than the Departed other than the remake being a carbon copy? I'd imagine the exact same film with actors doing a hell of a job in the exact same, shot-for-shot movie would make the suddenly american remake better by default? Unless I am mistaken and it' not a carbon copy-where are the differences?

what was his name...."the depahted"

ehhhhh....miles kennifigg

we're not here to solve the case of the missing scumbag....

im the guy who tells you theres guys you can hit....and guys you cant hit

now thats not exactly a guy you can hit. so you dont...fucking....hit him

Back