1/3 cup olive oil
1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
1 1/2 cups red wine (a dry red)
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
4oz black olives, pitted

Rinse the rabbit under cold running water and dry with paper towels. Chop into 8-10 pieces. Heat the oil in a flame proof terracotta pan over medium-high heat and saute the onion, garlic, and rosemary for 2-3 minutes. Add the rabbit and cook until the meat is white. Pour in the wine and season with salt and pepper. Cover and turn the heat down to low. After 30 minutes, add the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1 hour, or until the rabbit is very tender. Serve hot.

OR YOU COULD JUST DEEP FRY A TURKEY :rofl:

I live not too far from the country where there are small butcher shops with various fresh meats. So I am hoping to find one there. I know I could find duck. Rabbit might be harder to come by.

And as of now I don't have a terracotta pan. The only thing I have that is terracotta is a pizza stone, so I might have to improvise.

We serve rabbit at work but it gets delivered so I don't actually know where it comes from. It's pretty good.

Also why are you posting a recipe it sounds like you've never attempted?

My grandmother has made this a couple times in the past. It will be my first time making it, but I am confident it will turn out well. I have no trouble following a recipe or even making some changes if I need to.

There are some slight variations for the recipe you could find on the internet. One is using a dry white instead of a dry red wine. I think I might try that instead of the red my grandma has used.

Last edited:
Everything's finished with butter in the restaurant world

I googled for rabbit meat and found a butcher a short walk from here, might try some out this weekend

Back