Terrorist Attack Thwarted for Next Month (S. California)

logmans said:
an attack on a military facility is not terrorism

ter·ror·ism (tĕr'ə-rĭz'əm) pronunciation
n.

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence (yes)

by a person or an organized group (yes)

against people or property (yep)

with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments (check)

often for ideological or political reasons. (check)

triple said:
n.

Good one triple, it is in fact terrorism and anyone who supports any possible terrorist is a terrorist themselves. I say we go on full military control of all urban areas in order to control this mess.

Are we missing the point that this story is about guys who do this kind of mental masturbation day in and day out. THEY ARE IN PRISON! If they were busted for creating a feasable plan to break out first ... then, perhaps.

:scared:

Translation from AFP:

100 bombs explode in Bangladesh..... Ah, Muslims......

DACCA - At least 100 bombs of low power exploded in a nearly simultaneous way Wednesday in several cities of Bangladesh, including 15 in the Dacca capital, according to the police force.

According to information's given by the police force, 111 bombs, apparently very of artisanal manufacture and low power, exploded in this Moslem country directed by a allied governmental coalition with the islamist parties.

Approximately 15 bombs exploded in the capital, 20 in the large port of the south-east of the country, Chittagong. Last nine explosions were announced to Barisal, in the south, and at least six in Khulna, in south-west.

The police force also brought back 61 explosions which have occurred in eleven other cities.

The police force had initially made state of around fifty of attacks. "Of the bombs exploded everywhere in the country. We have information on casualties but not yet on deaths ", had said to AFP the chief of the police force, Abdul Kaiyum.

In some of these cities, the police force found leaflets emanating apparently from a recently prohibited islamist group calling with the application of the Koranic law to Bangladesh.

triple said:
n.

Exact same answers for the US invasion of iraq. In the past years terrorism has been redefined as a deliberate attack against civilian rather than military targets. It's rediculous to say that while the US is at war, an attack on a military facility is terrorism. It's not. It's the other side warring back.

A terrorist style attack on a military base is a war crime, not war. Imagine if we were setting up roadside bombs outside baghdad, would people call that legitimate?

DocHolliday said:
Logmans:

Who frequents recruitment centers?

Where are these centers located?
Oh please, recruitment centers are a far more military target than a lot of buildings destroyed by US missiles in the early days of the war.

The US has this mentality that when they blow something up, it's war. When their enemies blow something up, it's terrorism. That's not the way the world works.

logmans said:
Oh please, recruitment centers are a far more military target than a lot of buildings destroyed by US missiles in the early days of the war.

The US has this mentality that when they blow something up, it's war. When their enemies blow something up, it's terrorism. That's not the way the world works.

Thanks for not answering my question, and turning around asking me a question.

Not wasting my time.

OK, I'll answer it. Military recruitment centers are usually located in large cities and are frequented by military staff and civilians interested in joining the military. They are funded and staffed by military personel, and their purpose is to expand the power of the military.

logmans said:
an attack on a military facility is not terrorism
It is when it's a recruitment office.

What tactical advantage does a recruitment office have, other than the fact that civilians go there to register for military service?

covenant said:
Are we missing the point that this story is about guys who do this kind of mental masturbation day in and day out. THEY ARE IN PRISON! If they were busted for creating a feasable plan to break out first ... then, perhaps.

:scared:
My understanding of the situation is that they were released at some point and re-arrested because of this plot, but I may have read it wrong.

Back