team mun spanks no. mun in midair

i felt like when i jetted in t:a that there was a ceiling i was jetting against, the movement felt forced. i did not enjoy it at all. i've played t2c, t:v, t1, t:a and if it resembles anything regarding t:a movement I will be disappointed and will likely not play. i never minded t2 sniping. i felt it was balanced. in t1 i think sniping was underpowered and then in T:A it became the meta to an embarrassing degree. People like talespin (no offense to him, he was great at what he did) became top tier players without having any tangible tribes skill, he just sat on a hill and dominated. that is not tribes and it was fucking stupid to play

yea so t:a had some really weird jet speed limits or some such i have no fucking clue what was going on. mabel has explained it before tho and i know what you're talking about now. i didn't feel it in midair.

the build we played on, i guess the best comparison was that jetting felt like t2c and weapons felt like t1 but slightly tweaked (chaingun took a little longer to kill but was more accurate making it still strong w/ chasing, disc was a bit faster). it was pretty unanimous amount the testers that the jets should feel more like t1 and mabel is going to make them closer.

i think sniping will be more in line w/ t1 sniping strength rather than t2c. i like this personally as long as chasing is better.

yea so t:a had some really weird jet speed limits or some such i have no fucking clue what was going on. mabel has explained it before tho and i know what you're talking about now. i didn't feel it in midair.

the build we played on, i guess the best comparison was that jetting felt like t2c and weapons felt like t1 but slightly tweaked (chaingun took a little longer to kill but was more accurate making it still strong w/ chasing, disc was a bit faster). it was pretty unanimous amount the testers that the jets should feel more like t1 and mabel is going to make them closer.

i think sniping will be more in line w/ t1 sniping strength rather than t2c. i like this personally as long as chasing is better.

so basically u r a bitch that cant admit in public this game will play like if we tried to do LT pu's in t2classic with t2 base guns (t2 base guns r more like t1 base than t2classic)

thats an interesting prospect except proj lied to u and mabel

lt was done in t2 before.

it fuckin sucked and ppl quit

if ur game has t2c style LT ppl will still like t1 more and hate on it

Fire can you make a new thread and give us more details and review? since opsayo wont do it.

i've stated a lot about it around a bunch of other places, but basically all the negatives we've encountered are being changed right now, so i can say stuff but it won't be true in newer builds of the game. they might not even be true right now, who knows. so a review is kinda useless. it will be a bunch of "the nade wasn't strong enough and now it's being fixed" sort of stuff.

i guess i can talk about the positives though. the stuff that won't change too much.

despite being smooth ski, routes are very easy to get up to speed with compared to t:a where you had to disc jump multiple times and let health regen take over before you had enough speed to grab. even very short routes are very fast and strong. opsayo seemed to like routing more and more as he played.

the chaingun is better balanced than t1. it's more accurate but has lower damage. this allows a higher skill ceiling and you can do some crazy stuff w/ it, like hitting 10 shots in a row and not missing a bullet. but bcuz it takes like 14 shots to kill a player (compared to 5-7 of t1), the time to kill is a lower and it's weaker in duels. still strong chasing tho.

the disc is also stronger than in t1 bcuz it's slightly faster. the splash damage falloff was greater tho, so inaccurate shots will give you less damage than in t1. but midairs will be a bit easier. this rewards accurate shooting.

the maps were very fun. they were some of the best balanced base t2 maps made by the community and given permission to use. i believe all of them have very strong front routes that make the game fast paced unlike t:a. its still going to be slower than t1 lt bcuz it is a base game, but it will probably be faster than t1 base.

they had some good anti-turtling ideas so games where a team takes the flag into their base and defends for 15 minutes after they score one cap won't happen.

hard to say how dueling was because the grenade was not in a good place but is being fixed. the disc and chain are good tho.

"midairs will be a bit easier"

DROPPED

but srsly when you say nade do you mean like hand nades or grenade launcher? i always thought they were OP in t1 anyway, as for health regen, pls tell me there is none. seems like chaingun should be banned or frowned upon from duel like t1 then. also are long distance MA's a thing? is it really easy to dodge long distances in air? could you make ridiculous turns or changes in direction in the air going fast(like TA)? or is it just 50 meter and below ez MA bs? long range MAs at high speeds were always my thing. ;P

Last edited:
"midairs will be a bit easier"

DROPPED

but srsly when you say nade do you mean like hand nades or grenade launcher? i always thought they were OP in t1 anyway, as for health regen, pls tell me there is none. seems like chaingun should be banned or frowned upon from duel like t1 then. also are long distance MA's a thing? is it really easy to dodge long distances in air? could you make ridiculous turns or changes in direction in the air going fast(like TA)? or is it just 50 meter and below ez MA bs? long range MAs at high speeds were always my thing. ;P

ppl were getting some cool medium distance midairs. i would assume that long distance midairs will be doable too since the disc is the same as t1 disc but a bit faster. you can't actually move in the air as much as t1 right now, but that is changing.

there were no hand nades in this build. they are going to be put in later though, and will be the same as t1 as far as i know.

grenade launcher was too weak in build. they were okay for dueling (could be stronger), but not good enough for chasing and clearing the stand. this is probably because gravity is a bit higher (it's not as floaty as t1).

i think chaingun in duels will be weaker than in t1 but maybe still too strong for people like you who like to duel disc/grenade/plasma. not sure though. maybe you will actually enjoy it.

u and ur buds have successfully helped kill t1 again fire

i will be banning u on sight in my server

t2classic cloning is not a fun tribes game imo

p much ya

its hilarious how stupid these devs did their own pr/game design so far imo

ill try to be positive but really the handful of play tester opinons they got is heavily favoring a t:a style game

and competing directly against a huge company like highrez

totally not a smart indie move to do when ur offering nothing more unique than they are providing already imo

here;s hoping the game is very t1 like and offers more variety than smooth sliding t:a trash

there is good floating (terminal velocity god mode mach 3)

and there is bad floating (when bouncing up and down u have massive hang time and rapid fire discs in t2)

that is calle deskilling the game noobie

Back