Teacher Deception

I need a couple more days for an essay, is the simplest way for me to send my tutor my 'essay' and for him to open it and it 'not work' to save an Excel file and change the file extension to .doc or something? He's pretty shit at computers so a basic trick will do...Cheers.

fuck that, leave the extension in the right format, just rename a compressed\encrypted file to the correct extension so it appears to have just been corrupted.

Or if you are turning it in via email, there might be a way to fuck up the header info, i know that happens a lot accidentally and the email has to be deleted, cannot be opened or downloaded, in which case they can't really blame you and will need you to resubmit.

take a random .dll file

open it up in notepad, delete any words you see, leave only random letters and those boxes

copy-paste a bunch of times until filesize is about 100-200kb.

rename to whatever .docx

now you can blame it on word incompatibility and a bunch of other shit

the problem with image files is sometimes you get a smart professor who will rename it to .jpg or .gif just to see if you were bullshitting him

removing a few lines produces a corrupted image but does not destory the whole image

it's happened to someone i know. he got suspended for 2 semesters because of it.

Save it as .ODT. When it doesn't work, tell him it's not your fault, you were just complying with ISO standards.

Unless the school actually has openoffice or lotus symphony. Then you'll just look like an idiot.

Just take out all of your RAM sticks but the bare minimum, use up all of your RAM, then open the file. Email him your swap file, and just tell him it's in there.

i know ppl who've done this. they've all gotten away with it i think. though professors are a lot better now with computers than they were even 2 years ago

Back