T61 WTF are you doing IBM/lenovo?

veritas

Veteran-4
I saw the neat little sale IBM/Lenovo is doing on their laptops, being completely disgusted with my HP due to how warm it gets on the palm rests, I give them a look. I figure, I'll snag a new one and sell the HP to someone who doesn't care about that.

So I look at the T61 and X61 series because they're supposedly some of the nicer ones. Well all I have to say is WTF! It looks like the T61 only comes in SXGA+ and the X61 is only coming in XGA!?!?

Is this some hokey bullshit because they are on sale, so they only offer lower res screens?

I'm curious on the X61 if anyone has it how it performs in games, obviously its not meant for gaming but I want something portable that will run WOW decently; preferably something with a tablet function.

ibm/lenovos have never had great screens...

that said, I have a t61p and I love it :)

I too was frustrated with my HP and work got me the IBM after the Hard Drive, Monitor and Power Supply crapped out within 2 weeks of each other on the HP. The HP was only 8 months old and now my dad is using it to program alarm systems/home automation stuff

I saw the neat little sale IBM/Lenovo is doing on their laptops, being completely disgusted with my HP due to how warm it gets on the palm rests, I give them a look. I figure, I'll snag a new one and sell the HP to someone who doesn't care about that.

So I look at the T61 and X61 series because they're supposedly some of the nicer ones. Well all I have to say is WTF! It looks like the T61 only comes in SXGA+ and the X61 is only coming in XGA!?!?

Is this some hokey bullshit because they are on sale, so they only offer lower res screens?

I'm curious on the X61 if anyone has it how it performs in games, obviously its not meant for gaming but I want something portable that will run WOW decently; preferably something with a tablet function.

I have a z61e, and I love it. Never had a problem. I bought it for IT/Programming/School work, and its been nothing but great. I upped it to 3 gigs and put vista ultimate on it.

Wish it had a graphics card, so I could play WAR, but it doesn't. of course I didn't buy it for video games so..

oh and I only paid like 550 for it

ibm/lenovos have never had great screens...

that said, I have a t61p and I love it :)

I too was frustrated with my HP and work got me the IBM after the Hard Drive, Monitor and Power Supply crapped out within 2 weeks of each other on the HP. The HP was only 8 months old and now my dad is using it to program alarm systems/home automation stuff

We have T60s at work with WUXGA screens (1920x1200). I just think it's kind of shady that they're pulling screen options all of the sudden.

The only glaring drawback to the X61 is the lack of a touchpad/optical drive. While I never liked touchpads, they're handy in planes

I have a z61e, and I love it. Never had a problem. I bought it for IT/Programming/School work, and its been nothing but great. I upped it to 3 gigs and put vista ultimate on it.

Wish it had a graphics card, so I could play WAR, but it doesn't. of course I didn't buy it for video games so..

oh and I only paid like 550 for it

Mine came with Vista Ultimate on it and I wish I could use it. I use many Cisco apps that are just way too unstable on vista still.

Wow! Companies not putting their best shit in their big sales ... I think you've uncovered something new and earth-shattering. You'd better contact 60 Minutes or something.

Wow! Companies not putting their best shit in their big sales ... I think you've uncovered something new and earth-shattering. You'd better contact 60 Minutes or something.

Yeah except if people actually want their higher end shit and are willing to drop the money on it...

Stop thread shitting you fuck.

Mine came with Vista Ultimate on it and I wish I could use it. I use many Cisco apps that are just way too unstable on vista still.

Did you get the "recovery" xp pro dvd?

I was wondering how that worked, and how vista is installed/given to you

Well then buy the higher end shit and don't bitch that they won't give it away, doofus. Did they remove the high end shit from their site?

Did you get the "recovery" xp pro dvd?

I was wondering how that worked, and how vista is installed/given to you

yep - when you get vista ultimate it gave you the option of ordering the XP recovery DVDs. Of course they don't give you the Vista recovery dvds so I ghosted it before I blew it away in case I want to use it later.

Just out of curiosity, what HP laptop did you have?

I have had an HP tx1000 for a year and 4 months, and it still rocks. I'm about to upgrade the HD and maybe the ram.

and at 8 months it's still under the 1 year warranty. The power brick on mine crapped out just after that year, but I got a cheap ebay replacement that works great.

yep - when you get vista ultimate it gave you the option of ordering the XP recovery DVDs. Of course they don't give you the Vista recovery dvds so I ghosted it before I blew it away in case I want to use it later.

yeah, we do that with our workstations. mainly because we don't weant to pay for the ram upgrades required to run the programs with vista - plus the natural tech support that comes along with changing everyone's OS...

seems to work fine. i'm a vista fanboi though - i love it.

and yes, the cisco apps suck big dick - they also don't support 64bit. I learned this the other day when setting up a cisco vpn through a pix on a new vista 64 computer. what garbage

oh well microsoft vpn ftw (at least in this case...)

Just out of curiosity, what HP laptop did you have?

I have had an HP tx1000 for a year and 4 months, and it still rocks. I'm about to upgrade the HD and maybe the ram.

and at 8 months it's still under the 1 year warranty. The power brick on mine crapped out just after that year, but I got a cheap ebay replacement that works great.

I still have it, its a Dv6000, specifically the dv6930 us. I just don't like how warm it gets. I use it far to much for traveling, so I want something that runs cooler.

2.0 C2D
4gb ram
250 gig hdd
x3100 graphics

Back