[T:V] The answer to cheats

VaporTrail said:
The point that NoFix has tried to make is that a false positive with a system that involves global banning will result in banning of innocent people.
HLGuard (anti-cheat for Half Life) has a global blacklist. The method used to ban players was hacked and exploits released that allows a malicious individual to ban anyone's steamID, playername and/or IP.

Punk Buster has this great thing called a screenshot. If you suspect someone of crap, you just run a pb screen on them and see whats up on their end. We use this in Enemy Territory all the time and have caught several this way. You can also set it up to take shots at random of everyone on the server.

if this idea would work, would be fucking BADASS. its makes sense too. would be awsome to have some sort of feature like this. maybe built into the demo would be multiple screen shots, and if TWL made demoing a requirement... that would be fool proof

ZOD said:
Punk Buster has this great thing called a screenshot. If you suspect someone of crap, you just run a pb screen on them and see whats up on their end. We use this in Enemy Territory all the time and have caught several this way. You can also set it up to take shots at random of everyone on the server.
The best hacks have PB screenshot detection and either turn themself off or return a black screen.

LouCypher said:
The best hacks have PB screenshot detection and either turn themself off or return a black screen.

Yup and if we run across a black screen or no screen we ban that player no questions asked.

No way is 56k the majority, especially in terms of gamers. 56K is becoming more and more rare. Gamer households are more likely to have faster computers and a broadband connection. I can't see any new software/hardware being sub-optimized for dialup connections.

56k is dead.

ZOD said:
Yup and if we run across a black screen or no screen we ban that player no questions asked.
When the hack is turned off before the screenshot there isn't anything for you to see except for the occasional cheater tracking enemies through walls.

a good to thing to find lamers is to let an 1st view spectator, not only the 3rd. In 1st you can see hwo the guy plays, so if he is cheating, like an aimbot, anybody can say that he is cheating.

There is my story :

It works on q3, i was playing ra3 (ok ok ;c), and i played against a guy sigfried or something esle, so we start, and he shaft me like a very good player, so its ok, i say whoohoo nice shot, after some times il get killed (all frags..), some admin servers come to play, and so we played like 6players in 1v1. And i like seeing how a good player tend to fire strafe etc, so i looked at the sigfried..and ohhh what a surprise when i see that the guy started to shaft when the other as 1 pixel of the corpse viewable, and with killed him when jumping, all the shells on the guy.

Ok, some very good kickers pro play like hell, but not like putting all shots in a man and with ping (never see fat, or zero4, or deathb, or any cpma pro gamer with 100% of accuracy). So i talked with the others players and so one of admins, all so looked after how the men play, and at 99% he was really cheating, never diing, all shots with any weapon inside, and firing before the guy was viewable, the admin just banned him some secondes after.

So, plz devs, let an 1st viewable spectator mode and not only an 3rd like ut2k3/ut2k4 (i know its not the same). But some times we forget that human eyes are sometimes more efficient that taking screenshots or logs.

my 2€

Last edited:
Back