[T:V] Soundtrack

Rosdower

Veteran XX
how's that gonna be. T2's soundtrack blew and there was like, 5 songs, yet T1 was much better and had something like 10. SO, are there any big bands doing the soundtrack on this game or is there little attention given to it?

The music is being done in-house by our excellent sound and music guy, Eric Brosius, working out of Boston.

I think this question has already been answered in another thread, BTW...

there are no big bands....and it wasn't AC/DC, it was Motely Crue for t2..but that never got used.

i've listened to some of hte music that is on the closed beta cd.....i think it sounds good...reminds me a bit of t1's music...and i agree, t1 music > t2 music (even though i think the same person did both soundtracks)

I'd assume that the single player side of T:V has a soundtrack that follows the mood and events of the game, which should mean that there's quite a lot of music - although it may not all be initially available for MP without messing around with stuff.

Got Haggis? said:
there are no big bands....and it wasn't AC/DC, it was Motely Crue for t2..but that never got used.

i've listened to some of hte music that is on the closed beta cd.....i think it sounds good...reminds me a bit of t1's music...and i agree, t1 music > t2 music (even though i think the same person did both soundtracks)

Tim Clarke:
Earthsiege
Earthsiege II
Starsiege
Tribes I
Tribes II

http://www.score-music.com/

IrritAnt said:
The music is being done in-house by our excellent sound and music guy, Eric Brosius, working out of Boston.

Ah the droid guy....

KnightMare said:
t2 music rocked
I disagree to an extent, but that means little because generally, I don't like music. I found the music of T2 to be more of a distraction than anything by hindering my ability to hear what was going on.

However, when I first began playing T2, those tunes in the background were awesome, and I enjoyed how they corresponded to the map.

I really don't think the T2 music was as bad as everybody makes out. I've just listened to them, and they're not much worse than most of the other synthesized shit that people listen to day after day on tv, charts, radio, and wherever else.

It's totally not my genre of music, but from a neutral point of view it really isn't that badly made music.

IrritAnt said:

IIRC he did the music for System Shock 2, right?

Thriky said:
I really don't think the T2 music was as bad as everybody makes out. I've just listened to them, and they're not much worse than most of the other synthesized shit that people listen to day after day on tv, charts, radio, and wherever else.

It's totally not my genre of music, but from a neutral point of view it really isn't that badly made music.

I think the complaint stemmed from the relatively small number of tracks.

The UT engine (assuming UED is mostly unchanged) allows per-map music, so there will be a lot more variety, which is nice

Back