[T:V] Patch Petition

Rosdower

Veteran XX
Here it is

To: Vivendi Universal Games/Irrational Games

The Tribes series has had a long and rich history. From the discovery of skiing, to top 10 OGL matches, various mods, Tribes 2, Tribes 2 patches, T2 Classic (finally), and now Tribes Vengeance. However there are now a few loyal fans of the newest installment of the game. We have been waiting for a patch since December of 2004, it is now March, 11 and there has been no word on said patch.

We love your game, it just needs some fixes. I am sure that a ton of people will come back to it, even buy it if the patch is released. Mod communities have up and left because of the lack of patch, and by not releasing the patch you are literally dismissing thousands of potential buyers.

I/We propose that IG/VUG either give information/timeline on the patch or release it. We don't need the cheat protection, we can catch cheaters by ourselves, the few of us that remain.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/tribefix/petition.html

Last edited:
pshhhh, id sign it, anything that has any chance of making any difference at all im for it. we all need this patch/info on the patch in order to keep our sanity, well this is all ofn, but still i say try it.

I think it would be a mistake to forego cheat protection...i myself personally witnessed how cheating destroyed T1 and I think it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

BibleMan said:
I think it would be a mistake to forego cheat protection...i myself personally witnessed how cheating destroyed T1 and I think it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

ummm...the game is destroyed the way it is without the patch. Work on the cheat detection later...patch the bugs now before the last few remaining people leave.

Ok, here's the Meta deaft

The Tribes series has had a long and rich history. From the discovery of skiing, to top 10 OGL matches, various mods, Tribes 2, Tribes 2 patches, T2 Classic (finally), and now Tribes Vengeance. However there are now a few loyal fans of the newest installment of the game. We have been waiting for a patch since December of 2004, it is now March, 11 and there has been no word on said patch.

We love your game, it just needs some fixes. I am sure that a ton of people will come back to it, even buy it if the patch is released. Mod communities have up and left because of the lack of patch, and by not releasing the patch you are literally dismissing thousands of potential buyers.

I/We propose that IG/VUG either give information/timeline on the patch or release it. We don't need the cheat protection, we can catch cheaters by ourselves, the few of us that remain.

While I in no way mean to put you down, as I think it is better to try then not try at all, but it just seems like once they have 300 signitures it will be all the more reason to not come out with a patch. If you guys can get like 2000+ signitures, then I think you have something going. Good Luck.

Back