T:V movement

Slitz

Veteran X
I find it very strange that I haven't seen any complaints about the steering/thrust in T:V. I know it has been "dumbed down" on purpose, but is it really a good idea to sacrifice more advanced movement just to decrease learning curve by a few hours? You can't steer in one direction while thrusting - The thrust pushes you upward-forward no matter where you steer, which makes some very important aspects of movement impossible. For instance, you should be able to break mid-air without dropping to the ground like a rock, and you should be able to steer sideways while thrusting.

Has this been discussed already since the beta release, or do people just accept being crippled?

Last edited:
Slitz said:
I find it very strange that I haven't seen any complaints about the steering/thrust in T:V. I know it has been "dumbed down" on purpose, but is it really a good idea to sacrifice more advanced movement just to decrease learning curve by a few hours? You can't steer in one direction while thrusting - The thrust pushes you upward-forward no matter where you steer, which makes some very important aspects of movement impossible. For instance, you should be able to break mid-air without dropping to the ground like a rock, and you should be able to steer sideways while thrusting.

Has this been discussed already since the beta release, or do people just accept being crippled?

Umm..last I heard, the jets always push UP and the direction you want to go. not up and forward. Link to new info?

Back