T:V GTW Alpha

Say what you will but GTW is the bomb. Those that played it know what Im saying.
Props to Random150 for all the work he put into it.
Some said TV couldnt be modded. Sadly I only had 1.5 maps for GTWtV but it showed about all the engine could do. FUCK dont get me started, yea the files are still around. You hosting?

Do AntiVir softwares recognize T:V related stuff identify as deceased?
Hmm....to be honest, no surprise. ;)

no idea...dont even know what gtw is

We were doing T2 GTW pickups for awhile with Bugs and even GoKu(sp?) for awhile. We should start that up again, GTW is good stuff.

yeah, i had fun. GTW was a neat change of pace, definitely a nice team based gamestyle.

even though some stuff was buggy for T:V, it was still a nice change of pace too. i still play T:V though it's mostly TR or LT.

i had fun, hell even in the lil' shrike byte helped code.

you are my hero bugs.

thanks a ton.

btw is the T:V one playable? or do i have to compile?
There used to be a Setup.exe, but none of the mirrors are up. It's been so long since I installed GTW for T:V. I don't know how to install it anymore. You might try asking one of the T:V mod guys.

GTW was fucking awesome... I loved building huge bridges that went from hill to hill for miles... or builing huge towers..... lots of fun :p and big maps!

Guys, these Garage Games rumors recently have got me all hot and moist for some Tribes 2 flavor GTW.

I think we should do a pickup. I think we should do a pickup immediately.

Last edited:
Im down. Ive got files, infact some backpack hud icons didnt make into the server files that resurfaced lately. What it really needs is a host for the mappack then change the links in the mapload screens , Then people can find out what its truley about. I havent heard of anyone ,after seeing/playing GTW, say that they didnt like it. More like "why wasnt tribes2 like this?"

Something about moving your spawn point as a team with your team picking a base or not, ... that stuff is hawt. Correct me if Im wrong but is GTW the only gameplay mod that where : sometimes it might be best to Not shoot and just follow the enemy? If he didnt see you of course? Fuck dont get me started on GTW ..

Yeah, I think there is still a server hosted, we were doing pick-ups earlier in the year. That's some fun stuff, plus BugsPray updated a few things (I think).

Well I've been trying to get a sort-of guerrilla movement going here at my dorm which is 50% populated by Total Annihilation and shooter nerds but it's just so difficult since Tribes 2 is free but CD-keys are long gone by this point. However I have at least one or two people that could be down and a whole other forum community full of Tribes geeks to stripmine for players.

So if we want to do a game sometime, hopefully soon, I'm completely down. Even Friday night would be good.

This animated cloud layer I did for GTWTV was preaty hawt. I was hopeing to get a movie of it but heres a pic.
laptopgtwum7.jpg

omgrt9.jpg

rocketep2.jpg

panoramaslamawr4.jpg

scaledandfoggedvh1.jpg

OH Fuck yea. But thats just me .... Imagine if someone with talent did something.

Back