[T:V] Community Stuff

Bullseye

Veteran X
I remember Thrax making references to there being no 'community' features in T:V. I also recall he said something like "why remake things that are already on the web?". That being said, what are we going to have in T:V MP for registering warrior names, for putting on team tags?

One of the best improvements that T2 had over T1 (some would argue there were no improvements, but that's not what this thread is) was the inclusion of name registration (though frustrating if you didn't get yours) and the team creating and tags. Hell, the search function rox. I mean, I don't want the forums and news and all that other shit, but having the team interface is, to me, a very very very important feature that needs to be in T:V. Oh, and fuck t-mail, make the team page have a join password instead of having to email/tmail something. Once you've signed up, you've got the tag.

Discuss :)

he said there were no "in game" community features. I anticipate seeing a lot of the things T2 had in game on the official T:V website.

Theta said:
No team tags pls, I like being in a theme tribe and a regular tribe at the same time :p

Uhhhhhh, I'm confused by what you mean. I'm in three tribes, and can change my tags whenever I want (from a regular one to a fun one etc...). One thing I would like to see if the ability to wear no tag at all!!

And jsut, what do you mean see the T2 features on the T:V site? *edit, I see what you mean, have those things that T2 has yet done not in-game, but on the T:V site.....I'd rather it be in-game, though :|

thrax has already said that it won't be in game. It's a waste of their development time to have to create the technology to do it when they could have something made in PHP, perl, or ASP in a quarter of the amount of time.

I guess it would be a good idea to have a few things be available in game (like changing what your current tag was). But by and large, it would be way easier, and way more stable to develop the other stuff for a normal website, with people using normal browsers, rather than to write all that code from the ground up.

Tribes (1) IRC rocked. They should have something similar, or something that points newbies to irc.dynamix.com so they can feel the community love..

definately unite the old and new irc servers. I think it is essential to growth of the community. Or make a new one and kill dynamix irc. Make it so we can connect to an irc server via mirc that the new people have access too.
Fling :D

I think Thrax mentioned that they were looking into a way for players to have clan tags and registered names. The difference from T2 was that you could pick a name that was already taken by someone else but you would be uniquely identified as another player in a way that would not show up in your name.
No one on the dev team has mentioned it recently, so i don't really know what they have planned to combat smurfing. I hope they do something along these lines though.

Maybe they plan to have a name registration system outside of the game...
I dunno.

Anyone in Irrational care to comment? :)

Every other major online game seems to do just fine without unique names or tag bs. I had to change my name in t2 even though i beta'ed and was told i could have my name (haha listening to dave) and bought the game the first day it was out. I'm still bitter and I don't see how that whole system helped anything. I don't consider smurfing a real problem but maybe ladder admins see it differently.

It's already been said there will be a unique ID but your name can be anything, but I think a clan system online would be sweet so no one could just put on tags and cause shit while everyone gets mad at the particular clan. No need to embed IE.

Back