[T:V]Bring back WATER SKIING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkfire said:
Hmm i think water skiing should only happen when your moving at a high velocity..and if you hit the water at the right angle and it also would be cool if we could have some nice water spraying up behind us to :D
That's what used to happen, I was so shocked the first time I accidently did it.
I spent ages skiing around on that huge map w/ all the water (began with A), and it was actually fun.
But Dave G instantly realised that anything fun mustn't be in Tribes 2, and it got patched/removed.
edit: You could also do one of those Grav-Cycle caps, and ski across the water @ 200kph on the return trip, because the water didn't slow you down as much as the terrain did. (The speed caps only seemed to take effect whenever you touched land, at least from what I can remember)

Last edited:
does anyone know why water skiing was removed from T2?

it seems like a real fun concept, especially if you make it require some skill in terms of velocities/angles you have to hit the surface at.

The above posts accurately summarize the rationale behind the removal of water skiing.

Regarding Dave G. I downloaded the PlanetSide 30-day trial before I came in for Winter Break, since I don't have broadband at home, and did the first training mission. After I got the first two guns, I started firing them but for some reason the bullets went nowhere near where the center of the reticle showed. It attempted to explain that shooting while moving or jumping affected your accuracy or something to that effect. I haven't played since. Randomness with all my shots is not a good idea. This is just a taste of Dave G's mentality.

rightio then ;)

personally i think water skiing is a cool concept, and is a good example of a skill that would allow experienced players to differentiate themselves from er, slightly less experienced players. hopefully we will be able to get something into T:V. (no promises thou, coz its not really my area)

hey, how about crouching? Is there anything being done to make it slightly more useful?

Best idea i could come up with is to

a) make it so you recieve less splash damage while crouching and
b) make it so explosive shots, like discs, dont move you as much when you're crouched

so basically you nerf the splash effects while you're crouched

I think these would be cool/handy features, plus added with the player expressiveness they would make dueling, and the game itself, look more like an artful dance when you see the really good players go at it.

I wasn't aware crouching was being added back into the series after its removal in T2.

:shrug:

Waste of a key-bind..

Tribes is too fast for crouching to be the slightest bit of use (other than looking like you're trying to take a dump when sniping in T1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back