T:V Beta server host?

Zulu

Contributor
Veteran XV
Does anyone know of some place or someone that would be willing to host a private beta server?

Would like to try out some random things with mah clanmates and such, but we don't have ready-access to a host.

Thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated. Kthx.

krustyy said:
try hopping into one of the many empty servers. Nobody minds if nobodys there.

That's cool and all, but of course you get the obligatory person that joins in ready for a pub. Privy is prefered. :) Thanks tho.

Are you asking for someone to let you borrow a server, or where to go to start renting one.

T:V servers really put a heavy load on CPU usage, so it is very expensive to host them, be prepared to pay a lot more than usual for T:V game servers as opposed to other games.

I'm not sure how many companies rent out T:V servers, but I will say that www.branzone.com is a good one.

The owner plays Tribes and is a good guy, I used to rent a T2 server from him last year. His prices are very fair too so you may want to talk to him. He probably idles in #branzone still in IRC.

Last edited:
Where did you get the impression that a version especially for servers to use less resources was coming out? Link?

If that comes out, then it would rock because then the prices would go down and I could probably whore out some servers to help pay the rent for my box :)

Another place to go is www.thegameserver.com . Although t:v is not listed on the site yet, if you contact the sales department they'll help you out. I've always gotten good deals and servers from them. Check them out ...

gameserverad.gif

Last edited:
Big Monkey said:
Are you asking for someone to let you borrow a server, or where to go to start renting one.

T:V servers really put a heavy load on CPU usage, so it is very expensive to host them, be prepared to pay a lot more than usual for T:V game servers as opposed to other games.

I'm not sure how many companies rent out T:V servers, but I will say that www.branzone.com is a good one.

The owner plays Tribes and is a good guy, I used to rent a T2 server from him last year. His prices are very fair too so you may want to talk to him. He probably idles in #branzone still in IRC.

<3 to you!

Not to advertise, but just a note, Branzone is only offering T:V servers under dedicated server packages. There is no possible way that this game should be hosted on a shared box (at this point). If of course they do optimize the netcode/server code to reduce resources, you will see many more options from virtually every host.

Brandon

You might want to talk to Viet_Vet about it, his place rents them as well. I will be in the next month or so

Back