[sweet politics] i was wrong on iraq, and wrong on john kerry - bush

My big question is this.

If 49% of the people vote for a democrat, and 51% vote for a republican, then the electoral votes go to the republican, and 49% of the voters just got silenced. HOW is that a GOOD thing?

Ratbert90 said:
My big question is this.

If 49% of the people vote for a democrat, and 51% vote for a republican, then the electoral votes go to the republican, and 49% of the voters just got silenced. HOW is that a GOOD thing?
Okay, if the Republicans lose and the Democrats win then HOW IS THAT A GOOD THING?

:ftard:

They're not silence... what the hell do you want to do? Split the presidency? That's how elections work, no matter how close.

RNJBOND said:
They're not silence... what the hell do you want to do? Split the presidency? That's how elections work, no matter how close.

Majority vote. That way, the PERSON who has the MOST votes wins. And yes they are, because the electoral vote goes to the person with 51% and nothing goes to the person with 49%.

49% JUST got silenced.

49% still have senators and state representatives, you fucktard. The president can't do shit without them.

Get a grip.

Ratbert90 said:
Majority vote. That way, the PERSON who has the MOST votes wins. And yes they are, because the electoral vote goes to the person with 51% and nothing goes to the person with 49%.

49% JUST got silenced.
Bush didn't get the most popular votes last election you political simpleton.

those people also aren't silenced. they can still write their elected congresspeople in an attempt to change policy.

Back