Survivor

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
Yeah I still watch this show - wasn't a terrible season, but not great either. I do think it was a terrible choice for winner though. While she is hot, she's completely forgettable. Could be the fault of editing I suppose.

Each season I watch till they kick the skinny blonde off. They need to load the show up with more thigh gaps, and more blondes.

Agree with Haggis. Michele didn't do anything until the end when she won those challenges. Would be interesting to watch the entire series again now that we know the winner, but I really don't care enough to do that. And yes, the editing is always weird how they build someone up, only to have everything you just watched mean nothing. Voting someone off the jury was an interesting twist, and seemed to be the game changer.

Last edited:
was an interesting vote im surprised aubry lost i suppose the bro-liance went with michele.

i think it was a close choice, michele played well in the final weeks but was def the aubry show so lil disappointed she lost. her wooing tai was the winning clinch

This winner was telegraphed from the start. A character archetype like Michelle never gets any content unless they are the winner. If Michelle was a finalist only and not a winner, she would've had the invisible goat edit. Aubry got a great edit because she actually did shit and has potential to play again...
Spoiler

Clearly a bitter jury. The brawn dudes couldn't take being bested by a neurotic nerd even though she far deserved to win. Not as bad as the Natalie White win though.

Also interesting was the fact they could vote off a jury memeber - they said they had been thinking about it for years and I believe decided to do it last minute this season - hence the recycled challenge. Makes me.wonder what promoted them to do that

Since I almost never watch network TV, I didn't find out about this season until halfway through. By far the most annoying character to ever play the game has to be Tai. Just listening to him talk was like fingernails on a chalkboard. What an emotional cunt. Looks like he didn't get a single vote at the end either.

And who the fuck is the woman wearing the stupid fringed hat during the reunion? She doesn't want to be recognized, yet just has to be an attention whore to get on TV?

Also interesting was the fact they could vote off a jury memeber - they said they had been thinking about it for years and I believe decided to do it last minute this season - hence the recycled challenge. Makes me.wonder what promoted them to do that

Jeff said in an interview it was planned but I'm not sure. He's the Executive Producer now so I'm guessing it came down to how to fill a two hour episode with content. They had a reward challenge and an immunity challenge which is standard for a normal sized episode. It's a finale AND there are only 3 people left for the second hour of television. The options are, do another immunity challenge and make it a final 2, do nothing and fill it with character content or create something out of thin air that affects the game. They went with the latter. The time gap in the final episode came down to three people getting evacuated. They cast larger now (18-20 per season) to account for potential medivacs. I don't think in their wildest dreams they imagined 3 evacs. It really screws up the timing for creating compelling episodes of television. Original seasons had only 16 casts members.

I guarantee you, Jeff and co. didn't want Michelle to win because she's by far the least compelling. I think the extra oddball challenge had nothing to do with wanting to hand her the million bucks.

Since I almost never watch network TV, I didn't find out about this season until halfway through. By far the most annoying character to ever play the game has to be Tai. Just listening to him talk was like fingernails on a chalkboard. What an emotional cunt. Looks like he didn't get a single vote at the end either.

And who the fuck is the woman wearing the stupid fringed hat during the reunion? She doesn't want to be recognized, yet just has to be an attention whore to get on TV?

Australian pop star, Sia.

Laurie was also looking up Sia watching videos of her. I think it was contrived to do the whole "I don't want to be seen thing, I'm only here for the cause. " Ok, if that's the case, give Tai and the charity the 50k each off stage. It wasn't Sia giving the money, but a major company behind her knowing people would look her up. That lampshade on her head was something Lady Gaga would pull.

Last edited:
Back