Supreme Commander 2 for $3.74

I picked it up during the Steam holiday sale when it was 80% off I believe. Or something like that. I barely played it.

Depends on what you like. If you liked Total Annihilation it is pretty similiar to it and has nice new features.

I break it out once a week or two when I am bored and want to kill a couple hours. Its fun nuking shit. I think the nukes and experimental units are worth the price tag alone.

sry but I played Total Annihilation and Supcom1 to death I and I have to say that supcom2 is just a pile of crap

sry but I played Total Annihilation and Supcom1 to death I and I have to say that supcom2 is just a pile of crap

Yes and I don't play it to death. I just play against the AI to build nukes and blow shit up. :shrug:

I stopped playing competively a long time ago.

I didn't like the demo compared to SC1. Hopefully SC3 comes back in the right direction :shrug:

They were making something called "Kings and Castles" but it's been put on hold, probably permanently.

History repeats itself, make a few "Total Annihilation" type games then make a commercial failure "Kingdoms", shut down studio "Cavedog".

he should have just remade TA

He did. It was called Supreme Commander.

Then he ruined it (somewhat) by adding useless crap and making the units move 400% faster in Forged Alliance.

Then he went off the deep end (again) and tried to make robot horses fight little robot sword guys.

Wait, I am confused. SC2 the latest one that was built like it was for consoles and had no customization and missing a ton of units/features?

Ok if its that one then yes it blows. I have Forged Alliance.

i would have redone TA no differently except more 3d and expanded the units. when you rewrite the core engine for these games, you lose the player base completely

same things happened when they made t2

The main conceptual change that stood out to me going from SC1 to SC2 was the change to the economy system. I think that ultimately had the greatest of impact for veteran SC1 players.

Managing a war economy was a big part of the SC gameplay.... more so (IMO) then refined strategies and tactics did. I think that's what made SC different for me from other RTS's and thus appealing... on the other hand, I sometimes thought of it as a limiting factor. Thus the changes to the econ model in SC2 to make it more streamlined and straight forward as both good for the game and bad for the game at the same time.

I haven't played SC2 but it seems like he tried to copy Demigod for some reason.

Agreed, it felt like it was trying to be more DOTA-like as far as an RTS could go, hard to put my finger on it. I enjoyed Demigod quite a bit. CT is awesome in my book, he is just off the walls hah.

Back