[STUPID QUESTION] TBC and the new races ...

Error|550

Veteran X
You *do* have to buy the expansion for access to the new races, correct? Or is it that you have to buy the expansion to hit level 70 and the races will be available as of tomorrow, just to level 60 only?

Also, we *have* to buy the expansion in "hard copy" and cannot just pay for a downloadable upgrade, correct?

I'm just making sure because I'll be pissed as hell if I go stand in line tomorrow to buy a copy and find out I didn't have to.

Of course even if I do end up buying a copy the servers will be unplayable until this weekend anyway ...

Thanks!

:wave:

P.S. My apologies if these questions have been answered somewhere else and I have simply missed the thread(s) in which they were discussed.

New races require the expansion (pretty sure) and there are no digital copy sales of TBC yet that I know of, or at least blizz said THEY wont be offering it for digital sale.

I doubt Blizzard will offer digital copies. I mean think about it, if they did that would mean you'd have to use their BitTorrent, and I'm pretty sure that thing's been flamed more than anything else about WoW since release.

Would you really want to DL an entire expansion through their BT? Could take weeks.

I doubt Blizzard will offer digital copies. I mean think about it, if they did that would mean you'd have to use their BitTorrent, and I'm pretty sure that thing's been flamed more than anything else about WoW since release.

Would you really want to DL an entire expansion through their BT? Could take weeks.

Jesus christ you're retarded. Because the difference between this and the beta is ??? Hell I'm still playing off of my original WoW install that I got in the original FP stresstest.

I believe blizzard already announced that they purposely included required files on the cd that aren't in the beta itself.

So you'll have to find someone who has already made a copy of the actual TBC release cds if you want to install without your own.

Error do you play on Kalecgos? If so whats your name? horde/ally?

Haven't played my Horde toons (Kalecgos) in a while, but my main's name is Pappagrimm (60 Tauren Warrior) on Kalecgos.

Edit: 99.9% of my (currently ... wife gave me a beautiful new son 8 weeks ago) limited WoW time is on Bloodscalp with my NE Hunter.

Jesus christ you're retarded. Because the difference between this and the beta is ??? Hell I'm still playing off of my original WoW install that I got in the original FP stresstest.

The difference between this and the beta is stated in the foum FAQ and right after your post.

Retard.

The difference between this and the beta is stated in the foum FAQ and right after your post.

Retard.

Except for the part where you think it's dumb because you'd have to torrent it. Aside from the fact that thousands of players have gotten 99% of the expansion off of torrent for months and had no issues. It's pretty obvious that they could provide online distribution easily, but they don't.

Except for the part where you think it's dumb because you'd have to torrent it. Aside from the fact that thousands of players have gotten 99% of the expansion off of torrent for months and had no issues. It's pretty obvious that they could provide online distribution easily, but they don't.

I'm pretty sure the fact some good soul here offers a direct download to the larger content patches when they come out and more than a few threads complaining about how slow Blizzard's BT is is enough evidence to say it. If trying to get a 80MB - 120MB content patch off BT is a pain, then think about something to the tune of 4GB will do.

You btich a lot, are you sure you don't have a vagina and not know about it?

I'm pretty sure the fact some good soul here offers a direct download to the larger content patches when they come out and more than a few threads complaining about how slow Blizzard's BT is is enough evidence to say it. If trying to get a 80MB - 120MB content patch off BT is a pain, then think about something to the tune of 4GB will do.

You btich a lot, are you sure you don't have a vagina and not know about it?
Hey you are a fucking retard.

When I downloaded beta client off of the blizzard downloader, it gave me whatever huge file it was (2GB?) in like 10 minutes.

Kthx

Back