Straight out the trailer thread

My wife and daughter went back to Japan to visit dying grandmother. I took our twins from Ohio to Canada to Japan so grandmother could see kids before she died. I had everything scheduled so we would all come back together. But she wanted a few more weeks so I wait and then she says ok, ready, but now the flights are 5,000 one way per ticket so I booked flights 4 weeks away at 500 one way.

She goes to airport with daughter and get denied boarding since daughter is travel visa and has one way ticket must be round trip. So I fix tickets, pay to adjust tickets to next flight, etc. tonight they arrived in Canada and get denied entrance since daughter overstayed travel visa first time in USA. Her ETA had cleared so I’d thought it was ok. Border agents request i130 receipt. I call my immigration lawyer and he will work Saturday on solution. Tomorrow at 2pm I fly to toronto for 4 days to visit wife and step daughter. I’m mean time, have little time for lawyer to figure something out - already said difficult and long time. From what I read it says 2-4 weeks. By this time she’s been gone from USA for 3 months. She has 9 more months abroad before her own green card expires and in that case it’s an i131 reentry permit but lord help me with these twins she can come back soon as possible.

My next thing will be weighing booking hotel in Toronto for a month or flying them back to Japan.

Sex tub must wait. I will ask wife if her hotel has a hot tub in it for tomorrow night. After my twins go to sleep I will go to my house and grout tile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wife came through immigration ok, her daughter got rejected. We spent a few days in Toronto and we went and saw Niagara Falls. Had to fly them both to Vancouver and then her daughter got a direct flight to Japan. Then wife came to USA. Talked to immigration lawyer and now we’re sort of fucked for a while about getting her daughter back because of the over stayed travel visa and have to petition for a family green card but should go a bit faster due to me being a USA citizen. Outlook is 6-12months to get the paper work. Would’ve been better had they stayed in the USA and did a status change but her mom was supposed to die any day and she actually just got better.

Immigration officer said an i130 receipt would’ve worked but whether to permit passage is up to the individual discretion of the officer. So one may allow but the other won’t, and now we already have the rejected entry on file, so not feeling like pressing our luck flying her here again just to be rejected again. Wife can’t go back to Japan this year without jeopardizing her green card since she can only stay outside the USA for up to 3 months a year. So she can go back in January to see her daughter.

My feelings about immigration are this - it’s a shitty broken and confusing system. The terms and rules are completely arbitrary. There’s loopholes and gotchas. I paid my lawyer money and all the fees and whatever, when do they decide that I’ve done enough?
And the geographical location, you’ll go broke buying tickets sending family back and forth between countries.

Last edited:
I’m really looking forward to the day when I beat this thing and I can move on with my life. I’ve been looking at buying a trailer and a Kawasaki mule/ John Deere gator utv for camping trips w the kids.

Also the hot tub blew out a plastic nut on the pump and dumped the water out. So I gotta deal with that sometime. I got to have hot tub sex just one time :(

I did do some project type stuff. I have a stairway in the backyard to the basement with holes blown in the sides and crumbling stairs. I packed it all in with rapid set cement and parged it with mortar mix. It looks 100x better and hopefully won’t leak anymore, still have to make new doors for it. I didn’t take any pictures, sorry.

Wife came through immigration ok, her daughter got rejected. We spent a few days in Toronto and we went and saw Niagara Falls. Had to fly them both to Vancouver and then her daughter got a direct flight to Japan. Then wife came to USA. Talked to immigration lawyer and now we’re sort of fucked for a while about getting her daughter back because of the over stayed travel visa and have to petition for a family green card but should go a bit faster due to me being a USA citizen. Outlook is 6-12months to get the paper work. Would’ve been better had they stayed in the USA and did a status change but her mom was supposed to die any day and she actually just got better.

Immigration officer said an i130 receipt would’ve worked but whether to permit passage is up to the individual discretion of the officer. So one may allow but the other won’t, and now we already have the rejected entry on file, so not feeling like pressing our luck flying her here again just to be rejected again. Wife can’t go back to Japan this year without jeopardizing her green card since she can only stay outside the USA for up to 3 months a year. So she can go back in January to see her daughter.

My feelings about immigration are this - it’s a shitty broken and confusing system. The terms and rules are completely arbitrary. There’s loopholes and gotchas. I paid my lawyer money and all the fees and whatever, when do they decide that I’ve done enough?
And the geographical location, you’ll go broke buying tickets sending family back and forth between countries.

Should of bought American made bro.

I saw this on the side of the road stuffed under a cardboard box filled with rotting newspapers. Pulled over and tossed into the van

Tried a 12v battery from the other hot wheel and it turned on and ran right away.

It smelled like shit from gallons of water sitting in the wheel so I punched a bunch of holes in the tires to keep them drained.

washed it off in the backyard. Used that gritty soap shit for auto body and a steel wool pad to get all the moss off that was embedded in the paint and wet sanded it.

The fwd/reverse switch was messed up so cleaned out the rust from it and greased it up.

I got (2) 12v UPS batteries from work thatve been sitting for years. I set it up for 24v. It’s charging up now.

I think I’m safe at 24v but I’ve got literal boxes of these UPS batteries. So I dunno maybe I’ll parallel some in there for capacity

Last edited:
Back