stocks?

I'm not in Philly, but thanks for thinking about me Tele.

no problem buddy

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/40.495982,-79.77439,40.405326,-79.928198_rect/12_zm/1_fr/

homes near this area also aren't doing so well

you notice all them blue dots on this map?

I do

and those are called forclosures

as the number of them grow (which they are and will)

the price of your home goes down

the price of real estate in your area goes down

and that is what most of us learned in that thing called the '08 housing bubble

but while i think of you......i have to think for you

because apparently you didn't learn anything

and that is ok......because you are unique

you are special

none of this involves you this time

just others.......

Last edited:
here is a good example from that area that is of more concern to you

1/4/2019 Price change $385,000 -1% $78 RE/MAX SELECT REALTY
11/15/2018 Price change $389,000 -2.5% $79 Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services - Squirrel Hill
11/5/2018 Price change $399,000 -3.9% $81 Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services - Squirrel Hill
9/4/2018 Price change $415,000 -2.4% $84 Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services - Squirrel Hill

you didn't spot the issue here......:lol:

7/30/2018 Price change $425,000 -3.2% $86 Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services - Squirrel Hill
6/22/2018 Price change $439,000 -2.2% $89 Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services - Squirrel Hill
6/15/2018 Price change $449,000 -2.2% $91 Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services - Squirrel Hill
5/6/2018 Listed for sale $459,000 +5.5% $93 COLDWELL BANKER REAL ESTATE

this is called an economic slowdown

a downturn

but good job with your investments

hopefully that was code for you sold your stocks and paid off your own mortgage with them

in which case that wouldn't be a bad idea

might be your best option imo

I wouldn't laugh at you for that at all

but doubling down like you are some kind of investment guru like Kushner (who sucks) will cause me to :lol:

cause that is just silly

Last edited:
:lol:

Thanks for the tutorial Tele. I can assure you the 2 rentals I scooped up are occupied on year leases, and the flip that's about half done is coming along just fine.

Again, thanks for looking out. ;)

Thanks for the tutorial Tele. I can assure you the 2 rentals I scooped up are occupied on year leases, and the flip that's about half done is coming along just fine.

Again, thanks for looking out. ;)

that doesn't sound bad

rentals far better than housing flips atm

i don't see rent going down anytime soon and it will still outperform stocks imo

you know I always enjoy elaboration

been watching that "first time flippers" show and wow is that painful

you don't sound like you are doing that so gfg

Last edited:
that doesn't sound bad

rentals far better than housing flips atm

i don't see rent going down anytime soon and it will still outperform stocks imo

you know I always enjoy elaboration

been watching that "first time flippers" show and wow is that painful

you don't sound like you are doing that so gfg

It'll be our 3rd flip.

Bought it for $121,500. Looking at a 7 month holding cost of ~$9k. Reno budget is $35k + realtor and closing costs of ~$20k.

Comps are in the $240ish range.

What is everyone's thoughts on 'legalization stocks'. It sounds like it could be a good buy, then again it also sounds like it could all fold up in an instant and evaporate

What is everyone's thoughts on 'legalization stocks'. It sounds like it could be a good buy, then again it also sounds like it could all fold up in an instant and evaporate

Funny you say that. The only stocks I hung on to after dumping everything in August are pot stocks. :lol:

when has anyone ever bought land and held it for more than 5 years and lost money? Land is one of the few things that seems to always make money.

as we add more people to the planet, it becomes a much more scarce resource

leads to a rise in value

/shrug

as we add more people to the planet, it becomes a much more scarce resource

leads to a rise in value

/shrug

Land is not a scarce resource. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of land available, and everything to do with the desirability of said land's location.

95% of humans occupy less than 10% of Earth's land.

Land is not a scarce resource. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of land available, and everything to do with the desirability of said land's location.

95% of humans occupy less than 10% of Earth's land.

proof you really are a :ftard:

hint: imagine our population reached 50 billion, now put into context of what I said and... how desirable does it become then?

yppl on the decline, ur population will never hit 5 billion let alone 50, no matter how G u do ur MAGA

when has anyone ever bought land and held it for more than 5 years and lost money? Land is one of the few things that seems to always make money.

so long as someone is blowing that bubble it always seems to increase

serveimage

not the case everywhere it seems

not even always the case here......very cyclical as we can see despite some major interest rate and sub prime loaning schemes

same thing that makes college student loans so profitable (when they shouldn't be)

serveimage

and the thing that really makes land useless is property tax issues imo

Greek Taxes Are So High That People Are Turning down Inheritances - Foundation for Economic Education

something to keep in mind for IL, CA, NY, NJ, and a few other states right now

they will be following them right down that insolvent debt rabbit hole imo

Last edited:
Back