[Steam Sale] Borderlands $4.99 worth it?

Raze1

Veteran X
I heard ppl say it's ok. I honestly hate the look of it but for $5 is it worth a shot? I got 2 days off I thought I might fuck around with it.

its perfect. The first day or two will be awesome, then you can just dump it and not give a shit.

I just played through it for the first time a few weeks ago, having picked it up during the summer sale. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm sure it's even better co-op.

if you get it to just play once through, then yah

so yes, i'd get it for $5

paying $40 for it when i got it, thinking it had some replayability, no

I just played through it for the first time a few weeks ago, having picked it up during the summer sale. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm sure it's even better co-op.

Co-op's probably the most fun you can have in the game. Unfortunately, the multiplayer offers little more than the single-player game with multiple people. However, it is fun, and offers some fun and interesting tactical options, plus the AI is woefully retarded, almost to point of insanity, and laughing your ass off with friends watching NPCs do the most retarded things at times is worth the price of admission.

For $5? Hell yeah.

I know there's a bit of hate for this game, but I enjoyed it immensely and replayed it a few times. That said, when all is said and done, it is a rather bland linear game but really fun with co-ops and experimenting with weapons and builds can be amusing.

it was fun to annoy co-op friends like highfive and texas dragon with vehicles and taking too long at the buy/sell shops. :)

if you can find someone to play through coop with definitely go for it
i got it on sale too, but it got a little old before too long just playing single player. a little repetitive, not too bad but other games are holding my interest more at the moment. i got to like lvl 25 and the 3rd city area then lost interest. may go back at some point though. i heard the DLC is good and I got that with it.

All the classes can end up fucking brutal, Siren especially. Hunter not all that great unless you're good with headshots or have that shield ignoring power. This is assuming scaling with playthrough 2.5 as it's been dubbed.

All the classes can end up fucking brutal, Siren especially. Hunter not all that great unless you're good with headshots or have that shield ignoring power. This is assuming scaling with playthrough 2.5 as it's been dubbed.

Really? Look I could be totally wrong, I played the game when it first came out and before any DLC os it's been quite a long time. Me and a friend played two full runs of the game and absolutely no other character build could come close to the sniping power combined with full bloodwing. I'm glad to hear things changed if that's the case.

Last edited:
Back