[Starcraft 2] Pre-order = beta key

-Bane

Veteran XV
Mac Beta launched in US, soon in Europe
Blizzard said:
The Mac version of the StarCraft II beta has launched on North American servers. We intend to launch the English-only StarCraft II Mac beta on European servers in the near future but we have no precise date to share with you yet. We will have more news for you very soon.

You will receive your beta code in either 1 business day (online & in-store pick-ups) or immediately if you pre-order in a Gamestop store. In store requires $5 down-payment but can be canceled, online cannot be canceled once you have received your key (though why would you want to?)

Pre-ordering Information - U.S. only unless you're paying for international shipping. Gamestop only lists PC for SC2, Amazon lists both PC and Mac.

1. Pre-order at Gamestop or Amazon. Ordering at Gamestop has the additional benefits:
  2. Get SC2 for $45 instead of $60 (will need to buy 2 copies) by using code 25OFF for 25% off orders over $100 (note: only applicable to online, mailed orders -- not in-store pick-up).edit: The 25OFF code no longer applies to the CE
  3. Get free 3-day shipping on SC2 reservations edit: Apparently you can't combine this and the 25OFF deal without haggling with customer support.

As far as I know this is US-only. Also new thread not reply b/c this is good shit. Props to the dude on TL.net who found this.

Last edited:
Heading out to the local Gamestop now. If they have keys I'll for sure preorder then turn around and sell the key.

Free game. ! :D

how soon do you get the beta key ?

Online Customers (web delivery): A code and instructions on how to join the beta will be emailed within 1 business day of when your order was placed.

In-Store Pickup Customers: Please wait 24 hours after your order is placed, then proceed to your store to pick up your beta code.

Store Customers: A beta code will be printed on your pre-order receipt.

In short: either 1 day or immediately if you go to the store.

If you plan to go that route I'd do it fast before word gets out you can just buy the game and get a key.

why would I buy a beta key from someone for $60 and not get the game when I can spend $100, get a key, and the game?

Back