[stained glass] my latest creation

-Timber

Veteran XX
I've been messing around with stained glass the last 7 years or so....here's my latest lamp that I just finished on Monday. It's a present for one of my relatives 40th wedding anniversary.

I'm toying around with the idea of making a TW lamp someday. Maybe I'll auction it off to the highest bidder on here. ;) (although someone would probably complain about it)

Always thought they were cool, took a class once. And that was as far as I went with that hobby :)

Looks good. How long does something like that take?

It's hard to say since I would just kind of pick at it when I had some free time. But I'm guessing somewhere between 50 - 80 hours or so. This is the most complex one I've done so far at around 160 pieces.

The next one I'm going to do will be a full blown Tiffany replica....probably upwards around 500 pieces or so.

I'm guessing a TW lamp wouldn't be that hard to do. I'd make it a square shade and probably have the logo on two of the four sides. I've got a glass ringsaw that I could probably use to make the logo pretty easily.

Does anyone have a high-res logo they could send me?

Wow, very impressive!

I've always been interested, but we don't have anywhere around here that teaches even the basics. Where/how did you learn?

Wow, very impressive!

I've always been interested, but we don't have anywhere around here that teaches even the basics. Where/how did you learn?

There's a local place that sells glass as well as making windows for businesses. In the fall/winter he teaches classes in the evening. I think it was around $80-100 for a six week class. First class is the basics, second class is more advanced and goes into leaded windows.

I'd love to try a window someday, but my work bench isn't big enough to handle a decent sized window.

Make me one with a Blood Eagle logo, please.

Heh....well I doubt I'll start taking orders someday soon....but the BE logo would be interesting.

Unfortunately I'd have to charge way too much in order to make it worth my while.

This lamp has about $125 just in materials....not counting the 80 or so hours it took to make.

Heh....well I doubt I'll start taking orders someday soon....but the BE logo would be interesting.

Unfortunately I'd have to charge way too much in order to make it worth my while.

This lamp has about $125 just in materials....not counting the 80 or so hours it took to make.

Hmm... I think that could be a birthday present to myself, from my favoritest person in the world. 125 isnt so bad, I'm worth it.

rancher dan would prolly be your only potential customer on here. might as well just ask him what he wants.

(but props on your work)

Back