[SPORTS] Worst Franchise in Pro Sports? Vote.

Without doing any research into the subject, the Arizona Cardinals (previously St. Louis cardinals) has been more consistantly terrible than any other team in any sport that I can think of.

forgot about the hawks, they are pretty bad.... the royals too...

the knicks though... with all that cash and just the specific deals they've made for a long time standing. it's hard to top.

I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say the Nashville Predators are not gunna be around much longer.

Hockey + Tennessee is a no no.

As much as I want to say the Royals, their ballpark is beautiful. I would be a Royals fan just for Kauffman Stadium if I lived in KC.

I'm guessing that Wrigley has a similar positive effect for the Cubs in the "all-time" category, though I haven't been there.

... the knicks used to be sick
definitely not the worst - I think Cleveland or the Clippers definitely take the cake

umm.. have you seen the NBA this year? both redeemed themselves very well.. while the knicks is the largest joke of overpaid over the hill players, poor management, and pure drama...
knicks are just godawful in every aspect..

It makes me a little sad every time anyone mentions Cleveland in this thread :( I love the Indians and the Browns no matter how poorly they do.

I have no idea how anyone could not say the worst franchise is the Royals. They are terrible now, were terrible, and will always be terrible. They don't spend the money on the players. The last time they were decent was with George Brett and even then they were just OK.

los_angeles_xtreme.jpg

Thats the LA Xtreme from the XFL

IMHydrogen said:
I have no idea how anyone could not say the worst franchise is the Royals. They are terrible now, were terrible, and will always be terrible. They don't spend the money on the players. The last time they were decent was with George Brett and even then they were just OK.

Right now they're pretty awful.

But they did win a World Series 21 years ago.

Which is more than some teams can say.

HatMan said:
As much as I want to say the Royals, their ballpark is beautiful. I would be a Royals fan just for Kauffman Stadium if I lived in KC.

I'm guessing that Wrigley has a similar positive effect for the Cubs in the "all-time" category, though I haven't been there.

I agree. Kauffman Stadium is absolutely gorgeous. It beats the hell out of the neo cookie-cutter "vintage style" parks like SBC (or whatever they're calling it now) in San Francisco, Petco Park, etc.

Also, anybody who says that the Royals were never good must be under the age of 16. They were one of the AL powerhouse teams throughout the 1980s.

I don't know about the Cardinals, did they win a Superbowl ever or come close?

I'm a Saints fan but I don't think anyone can really compare to us. Since being formed in 1967 we've been to the playoffs a grand total of 5 times and won a playoff game once. That's right, in almost 40 years of being a franchise, we have had only one playoff win.

Not to mention being called the 'Aints, going 1-15 and ruining Archie Manning's career, brown bags on heads, etc.

Back