[(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

going to be amusing come aug 12th when the A team beats mexico at the azteca and stops mexico from qualifying for the world cup

The northeast just isn't that into soccer and a place like Philadelphia soccer is more ridiculed by meathead baseball/football fans than anything else. They put like 10,000 people in the stands for the Gold Cup while Seattle put 65,000 for a friendly. The league should face up that this is a sport predominantly for the west coast and then a couple of hotbed spots sprinkled around, but stop thinking "Well, here's a big city that doesn't have a team, lets give them one!"

you should go to a DC united game some time and see what real passion looks like. Give Seattle the credit once they have done it for a while. DC has been passionate for over 13 seasons now. you must have also missed the 71,000 in baltimore, but yeah the east coast totally blows at selling out game.

Most embarrassing US game ever.

really?

Look not one player on the field right now for the US will be playing in azteca next month, the same can not be said for Mexico. So if they want to go whooping up on our reserves and think that they now have a chance, they are more than welcome to.

because sounders fan have really been pissing me off this past week.

jajajaja you've been putting 15k butts into RFK for decades we get it. Btw, way to blow it vs. San Jose despite 2 gift goals from the AR.

This was perhaps the worst train wreck of a game I've ever seen. We looked like fucking Andorra out there after the PK.

retardedterry.jpg

this made me chuckle

you should go to a DC united game some time and see what real passion looks like. Give Seattle the credit once they have done it for a while. DC has been passionate for over 13 seasons now. you must have also missed the 71,000 in baltimore, but yeah the east coast totally blows at selling out game.

you a fellow screaming eagle?

jajajaja you've been putting 15k butts into RFK for decades we get it. Btw, way to blow it vs. San Jose despite 2 gift goals from the AR.

This was perhaps the worst train wreck of a game I've ever seen. We looked like fucking Andorra out there after the PK.

why does it look like the earthquakes play in a highschool stadium?? or are they just getting their stadium built and the one that was on TV last night is a temp spot?

Lalas and Lee will be doing to broadcasting of the WCG Aug 12th match, so im guessing that means ESPN2 will be the station to watch?

God i hope so.

Actually Telemundo has the exclusives rights for the game, so that means no ESPN. There will be an English language broadcast of the game on mun2 as well as the regular coverage in spanish on Telemundo

Chelsea v Club America was pretty crazy.

Tons of chances off the posts and pretty solid play throughout. Two quick goals in succession sealed the deal for us though.

:sunny: great way to start a season, I felt at ease seeing Ancelotti finally putting Essien at the back of the diamond midfield instead of out on the wing.

Back