[(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II

and defoe went to pompey in january

if berbatov and keane leave, who are you left with besides dent at striker? i know modric and dos santos are coming but i think they're more midfield, not sure.

i believe it was 30, it isn't that bad of a sell considering barça is good at paying ridiculous amounts to sign players then selling them for dirt cheap

deco to chelsea for a mere 10 mil was ridiculous, then they turn around and pay 16 for hleb

and the 30 mil they paid for Alves... i love the guy, but that's fucking insane

Last edited:
i find it hilarious that dinho is worth only 5 million more pounds than darren bent :lol:

isn't robinho rated around 50 mil right now?

I seriously think Laporta and Txiki need to die by fire

they have, by themselves, DESTROYED what Barça was. we will be a completely different team this season and not in a good way. if we don't manage to qualify for the champions this year, which is a real possibility, i'll boycott watching them this year.

Bit of a Newcastle round up:

Looks like Pablo Aimar is off to Newcastle for around 7 million. If he can live up to his prior form whilst at Valencia that might turn out to be a bargain. Or it could be that we've just signed another lazy bastard.

Apparently we're heavily linked to Nigel de Jong, after having missed out on signing Anton Ferdinand from West Ham after he pulled out of contract negotiations.

Apparently rumours suggest we're currently talking to Liverpool regarding Insua, a young talented left back. He's one of those players that is usually a good prospect on FM, so we'll see how good their scouts are ;)

Personally I'd be more excited if we signed de Jong than anyone else, he's a good versatile defense player. Exactly what we need basically.

Back