So why haven't we tried to start a recording project?

Haunt

Veteran XX
It might be a neat idea to see what people could add to a song. We'd have to standardize the software that we'd all use. I think Reaper might still be free to use?

So, basically, everybody would use reaper (just an example) to record. Doesn't matter what interface you use. Someone starts out throwing down a basic drum track and we start from there.

Thoughts?

Was an idea like this already discussed? If so, I missed it and i'm sorry.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with another competition or collaboration, but put people of equal abilities on separate ones who can help organize.

It was like my first time recording and mixing something and obviously i can't live up to someone who does it more than just a small hobby (Ani).

But, I'd love to try to add parts to someone who may have more experience and get feedback and such.

I find it extremely challenging and rewarding to work with people more talented than I, which is most of the time.

I would be up for another collaboration. I would like to play bass on something.

I thought te last time we did this it was a very rewarding experience. Of course I had a couple of truly awesome musicians on my team. They totally made up for what I lacked. I kind of wish we could do it all over again. I would take more time and my tone would be a lot better.

Haha. The spambots are getting clever.

I want to participate for real if we do. I'm retiring from my work Oct 1 and will be restless this fall.

well.. I slappa de bass, solid on guitar, and decent on drums. If we did this, I'd like to play bass. I run a fender 5 string J through a hartke 3500a (sick bass head, contour between solid state and tube, 10 band eq).

I'm currently in a recording project, but playing drums for it.. I'm a way better bassist. I <3 de baiss.

Back