So Why Can You Steal The Rover?

Bullseye

Veteran X
Doesn't that defeat the whole idea of it? What is it's purpose if it can just be taken away by the other team.........

Pods, Tanks, Gunships, sure. But the rover? A deployed rover? That kind of sucks and now makes it more of a liability than an asset....is that the point?

I'm kind of disappointed by this, so I guess we'll just see rover races around maps because you sure as shazbot can't part the effer......

so leave someone there to man the turret? watch your own radar, and when you see someone heading towards it, hit b and respawn there?

no, its not pointless. even if its only around for 30 or so seconds thats plenty time for all your O to spawn there, rape their base, and be on the way home with the flag. its great for spamming the offense, even if it gets stolen/broken really fast

These are the days of locked doors my friend, nothing is sacred. THINK ABOUT IT. It's the future, carjacking technology is CENTURIES ahead of where we are today, and we are already jacking cars left and right. We have video games honouring the tradition, even. This tradition will continue into the future, to the point where people are installing TURRETS in their vehicles to defend their vehicle and vehicle accessories.

In conclusion, defend your effing vehicle if you want to keep it from behind stolen. Oh, and WAHH (don't rely on vehicles).

Didnt see it mentioned, but note that the Rover (or any of the other vehicles) can't be stolen until they have first been moved by the other team.

Gnome said:
Didnt see it mentioned, but note that the Rover (or any of the other vehicles) can't be stolen until they have first been moved by the other team.

He's talking about parking his rover somewhere way off in the field and then crying pitifully about his stolen rover.

IN THE FUTURE CARS ARE STOLEN IN THE FIELD. WE'RE HERE, WE'RE QUEER, WE'RE STEALING YOUR BASE RAPING CLOWN CAR, YOU effING BOZO. GET USED TO IT

The Rover can hold 4 people "waiting" to Spawn.. Offensely this is awesome, because it means you can have 4 Heavys ready to roll out as you pass by a base, or a 4 Lights to grab flags or recover...

As for leaving it in the middle of nowhere.. if you know your rover is getting targeted... go protect it. If you make it obvious there is a rover out there, then you also deserve for it to get attacked/stolen.

Nothing makes me happier than taking an unprotected enemies rover and using it on our teams defense...

kRiMiNaL said:
blah why even waste time stealing it,when its just as easy to blow it up

2 words: Road Kill! ;)

Besides, it fun to watch people blindly spawn into it then wounder WTF is going on!

I'd imagine it's a useless thing to do in comp, but taking the enemies rover for a spin can be fun on a pub.

I like stealing vehicles in SP.

on the first mercury mission i sniped people out of the fighter pods and ganked their rides. getting in the mood for GTA:SA

Back