So why aren't people allowed to view the forum anymore?

SmokeDog

Veteran X
I've shown people tons of shit from TW and now I can't anymore :( My roommate even uses my computer to look at PS threads from time to time. Whats the harm in letting people look but not touch?

SmokeDog said:
I've shown people tons of shit from TW and now I can't anymore :( My roommate even uses my computer to look at PS threads from time to time. Whats the harm in letting people look but not touch?
NONE, VOTE YES on PROPOSITION 1337 on election day.

EvilMonkey said:
they dont want people to just waste the bandwidth

How exactly would my roommate "waste bandwidth" any more than you and I already do?

Can new members view the general forum? If they can't, they should be.

no shit its free homelan hosted us too, i figured they didnt want random people reading our stupid shit :eek:

gofishgrrl. said:
No, they can't view General Discussion for 6 months after registering. :shrug:

thats weird.. ive seen this dude postin freely in gd

FireStarter
(Member)

Birthday: May 27, 1983
Last Activity: 10-23-2003 12:55 PM
Currently: Offline

FireStarter's Forum Info

Slint said:

FireStarter
(Member)

FireStarter's Forum Info

obviously this man sent some krispy kremes* colosus's way

Something about how, with Vengeance coming out, new people coming to TW for information, they don't want to scare new people away by exposing them to the cess pool that is "General Forums".

it was 6 months if you joined after whenever he started it

it should be free to read but not post until 6 mo

and anyone who makes a "HI I AM NOW ABLE TO POST HERE OMG" thread gets kicked back down for 6 months

Slint said:

FireStarter
(Member)

FireStarter's Forum Info
Everyone registered before the changes on 08-11-2003 11:05 AM were grandfathered in. All new members have to wait 6 months before they even can see GD.

Midnj said:
obviously this man sent some krispy kremes* colosus's way

no, they grandfathered any current members right at the cutover which was about the same date as his registered date. Prolly a smurf anyway.

edit: krex beat me to it.

CaptainZero said:
Something about how, with Vengeance coming out, new people coming to TW for information, they don't want to scare new people away by exposing them to the cess pool that is "General Forums".
^^^

yup, General discussion is the haven of assholes and people who hate tribes. If someone who was mildly interested in T:V came in here and saw all the negative stuff about tribes they'd probably leave.

StreakinMe said:
^^^

yup, General discussion is the haven of assholes and people who hate tribes. If someone who was mildly interested in T:V came in here and saw all the negative stuff about tribes they'd probably leave.
Tribes 2 dumbshit

Back