so who still plays?

Alfred Neuman

Futbal Expert5
Veteran X
and is willin to either help me level, or level an alt alongside me? :p

i find that playing solo sucks ass, esp when quests become to the point where you need groups.

There are virtually no quests in Azeroth that still require a group. Leveling is ridiculously easy and I imagine if you play with any kind of rest and are mildly competent you can do 1-60 in 3-4 days /played.

It's true.

1. Nearly all elite mobs outside of dungeon portals are now normal. This means that each dungeon has 1 - 3 quests for that dungeon you can now solo outside the portal, and it will still aware dungeon experience levels (higher than normal ones of their level).

2. Thanks to people powerleveling, even in a group of two of equal level XP gained gets tanked by at least 40%, as much as 80% if the person with you is that much higher of a level.

3. Given 2, the only way to get more XP grinding is by having a babysitter kill shit inside a dungeon for you, the tanked amount from the level disparity will result in normal XP gains. But GL finding someone willing to run you through dungeons repetitively.

It's just easier to get Cartographer/Tom-Tom and Light-headed and quest solo, and save the groups for when you actually have to enter a dungeon.

and is willin to either help me level, or level an alt alongside me? :p

i find that playing solo sucks ass, esp when quests become to the point where you need groups.

I thought you'd be used to playing "solo" by now.

If you get to the "point where you need groups," then you're really bad at this game.

Basically, if you group up with someone to level 1-60, you're gimping your own XP, making it that much slower, though possibly more enjoyable. I'm more of a "let's get this xp shit done ASAP" kind of person.

Between greater xp on kills and bonus xp on quests, nothing beats soloing for efficiency.

Hell, at some point, last time I leveled, I was xp'ing so fast in STV that I ran out of levels before quests for once. Shit was turning green and grey left and right, especially with any form of rest xp.

Basically, if you group up with someone to level 1-60, you're gimping your own XP, making it that much slower, though possibly more enjoyable. I'm more of a "let's get this xp shit done ASAP" kind of person.

Between greater xp on kills and bonus xp on quests, nothing beats soloing for efficiency.

Hell, at some point, last time I leveled, I was xp'ing so fast in STV that I ran out of levels before quests for once. Shit was turning green and grey left and right, especially with any form of rest xp.

Sometimes I'll find a guy who is smart enough that you have to kill 2x as fast to level in a group then its not bad. I was with a priest (warrior) and in we literally finished all the felwood quests in less than an hour. We just never stopped for anything.

I play with my brother and he doesn't get it. Like most players he just doesn't understand the mechanics of leveling and is way to lax about everything for it to help. I'm trying to level with him but keeping quests aligned and not seperating make it a monumental pain.

grouping works when grinding areas with fast respawn.

i suggest just doing it solo and doing quests. if u have one of your personal friends playing same server just have them pitch in a few gold for bags and to have u buy a mage/war run once per instance until lvl 40 or so.

i leveled a fucking paladin solo 1-70
I hear that. 1 - 60 wasn't too bad, you just spec Ret and grab warrior gear and you mash through shit with an occasionally sit to drink, that or you go Wisdom on a few mobs to mana up.

60 - 70 is the pain though. Once I started getting actual paladin plate it was a different story. And let's be honest, there literally is no paladin plate in dungeons before BRD and by the time you're at that level you're better off solo-questing it out to 60 rather than look for pugs/groups.

After that I specced Prot to get into dungeons as a tank. I don't know if talk about Retadin's DPS/power diminishing after 60, but I figured a tank would be better because who would want a paladin who couldn't tank or heal? Tanking wasn't too bad, it's the time solo that's a pain. Some people have no problems with taking 5 - 6 mobs at once and surviving, but my problem was time. It took way too fuckin' long to kill them all, and you stick out like a sore thumb when you do. And every shadowpriest in the zone will inevitably wander by you and just shadow the shit out of you because they know you can't do much to them as Prot.

Maybe I'll try Holy :-/

On a Normal realm or did you get it done during off-peak hours? Because where I go STV is still a hotspot for bored/angsty 70s destined to make the local populace miserable

I hear that. 1 - 60 wasn't too bad, you just spec Ret and grab warrior gear and you mash through shit with an occasionally sit to drink, that or you go Wisdom on a few mobs to mana up.

60 - 70 is the pain though. Once I started getting actual paladin plate it was a different story. And let's be honest, there literally is no paladin plate in dungeons before BRD and by the time you're at that level you're better off solo-questing it out to 60 rather than look for pugs/groups.

After that I specced Prot to get into dungeons as a tank. I don't know if talk about Retadin's DPS/power diminishing after 60, but I figured a tank would be better because who would want a paladin who couldn't tank or heal? Tanking wasn't too bad, it's the time solo that's a pain. Some people have no problems with taking 5 - 6 mobs at once and surviving, but my problem was time. It took way too fuckin' long to kill them all, and you stick out like a sore thumb when you do. And every shadowpriest in the zone will inevitably wander by you and just shadow the shit out of you because they know you can't do much to them as Prot.

Maybe I'll try Holy :-/

On a Normal realm or did you get it done during off-peak hours? Because where I go STV is still a hotspot for bored/angsty 70s destined to make the local populace miserable

I did it on Tichondrius dude. One of the most heavily populated server with plenty of gankers. Shit just moves fast.

Still, what does it matter? if you group up with another player at your level in STV, you'll get ganked anyway by a 70.

Last edited:
I did it on Tichondrius dude. One of the most heavily populated server with plenty of gankers. Shit just moves fast.

Still, what does it matter? if you group up with another player at your level in STV, you'll get ganked anyway by a 70.

Dunno how you do it, usually where I am you have at least 2 - 3 druid skulking around Grom'Gol like homeless bums waiting to kill anyone who leaves. And even then at peak time it doubles and you get a handful of rogues who either sneak in to fuck with the NPCs or insta-gank any lowbies who happen to be in town at the time. From people who can quest there to other lowbies there for FP, fishing, whatever.

Back