So.. when T:V comes out...

fedex

Contributor
Veteran XX
does it mean the t1 guys will have to like the t2 guys and vice versa? Or will it be T1 clans (if any will still reform) vs t2 clans and uber hate each way?

I had fun last night watching a t2 match, it was truly kinda like watching a ball game on the tv. I really wouldn't want to play with those guys (though I like playing sports with friends) but I sure do like to watch them play.

Just wondering, since I got tricked into TT through wanting to find out about sierra being interviewed.

From the looks of things, I'd say that T1 vets will probably take quite readily to T:V, as its general feel does definitely appear to be much more T1 than T2.

Casual T2 players will probably be turned off by the faster pace and less powerful vehicles and deployables, but I imagine elements of the T2 base competitive community will enjoy it.

I don't imagine much enmity between those T1 and T2 players who actually play the game, as those who don't like T:V's fast style probably won't stay long and those T2'ers that learn to love T:V's style probably won't get into major arguments with T1 vets on the subject.

T1 and T2 will both bitch at the newbie T:V players. T1 will still bitch at T2. T2 will still bitch at T1.

T:V players will bitch that this community is too damn elitist. And everyone will laugh.

i dont care about existing t1 & t2 players, but those 'mighty' teams from other games..now those are fun to beat with big numbers ;)

I will also make numerous attempts to recruit the T:V newbies into the Disciples of Ben. Hell, it's not like they'll make us suck any more than we already do.

KillerONE said:
It won't be T1, and they'll still hate T:V.

So then T1 players will hate T2 AND T:V players.

If that's happens then those fuckers should be considered worthless for future studies and ZAPPED out of the equation of Tribes history stigmatized as nothing but faggot haters 43VR!!!11

:rawr::rawr::rawr:

.. sry I had a moment

triple said:
T1 and T2 will both bitch at the newbie T:V players. T1 will still bitch at T2. T2 will still bitch at T1.

T:V players will bitch that this community is too damn elitist. And everyone will laugh.

Even if players from both actually like TV (i hope they will), rather than hearing racial slurs, and comments about noobs etc, it will be like "you liked T2 didn’t you?" etc. It should be rather funny

Ben Reed said:
From the looks of things, I'd say that T1 vets will probably take quite readily to T:V, as its general feel does definitely appear to be much more T1 than T2.

Funny, I thought somewhat the opposite.

However I would agree that both Starsiege Tribes as well as Tribes 2 players will be happier with TV.

Only the immature retards will pull the "stupid T2 player" "stupid T1 player" card. Tons of current T2 players played T1. The best teams in T:V will have a mix of T1 and T2 players.

The new generation of Tribes:
Group 1: Tribes 1 players
-Despise T2 and T:V, refuse to play both.

Group 2: Tribes 2 players
-Despise T1 and T:V, refuse to play both.

Group 3: T:V players
-Despise T1 and T2, refuse to play both.

Group 4: T:V haters
-Will only play T1 and T2

Group 5: T2 haters
-Will only play T1 and T:V

Group 6: T1 haters
-Will only play T2 and T:V

Group 7: T2 Base haters
-Enjoy T1, T2 Classic, and T:V

Group 8: Legends players
-Still searching for the ultimate tribes game
-Play other tribes games while they wait for the final product

Group 9: Tribes lovers
-Play all tribes games

Did I miss any? Oh well, my point is that T:V will probably create more tension depending how willing people are to accept change.

Back