So I've gone and fucked up my back again.

Excel

Contributor
Veteran XV
... stretching, anti-inflamatories, heating pad, am I missing anything? I've got a spasming muscle that is ruining life, its about two inches below my left shoulderblade. Any twisting motion, deep breath, cough... you name it, it sends me heading to the floor at speed.

you need to drink wheat grass

all its anitoxidants flush the oxygen out of your body and heal you magically

Excel, get a tennis ball or a raquetball or even a baseball (tho that might be too hard), lay down on the floor and position the ball where it hurts, let yourself relax on it as much as you can and slowly roll it out. Even just laying on it for a few minutes and letting yourself relax on it will work if the muscle feels too tender. If your full weight on the muscle is too painful, put the ball in a tube sock, flip it over your shoulder and lean against the wall.

If it's spasming you need to regain control of it. Neuroplasticity is your friend, believe you have control and you will.

coke.jpg

It's not hippie shit nor am I kidding. Do you think when a severed limb is reattached it's controlled in the same way? Fuck no. They have to relearn how to fucking use the muscles and relearn what different sensations feel like. Same goes for a spasming muscle, relearn to control it.

I feel you Urshi

You need to show that muscle who's boss, and I'm not talking about Tony Danza. When it shouts out "No culo," you need to be lock-step with it and shout "Si culo, zorra" and pound that bitch's ass to oblivion.

Back