So if I order an Iphone 5...

My wife and I both want to get an iPhone, but we're on T-Mobile. How do we order it and keep our current phone numbers?

On a related note, do I have any chance of keeping my Unlimited Data plan on AT&T other than buying a phone outside of the store and then having them activate it?

Just call Verizon and tell them what you said in the first post. They'll port your numbers over and get you started signing up for the contract. It's very common to port numbers from one carrier to another.

You'd probably be better off leaving everyone behind. When we switched from Sprint to AT&T, we got new numbers. Co-Worker just ordered, said it would take 21 days. Right now your choice is what carrier to pick.

^^^ Yes, you need to order the phone first, but if you want to keep the same number, it would be best to go into the store and do it. That's what the co-worker did to make sure everything was correct. Otherwise they'll assign you a new number. Obviously the stores are going to be packed tomorrow. If you can go today and pre-order, that would be better.

If you order with a new number, then you keep your old phone for a month while you tell everyone (you want) about the new.

Last edited:
Imposter,

I'm guessing that you don't absolutely NEED to have an iPhone 5 on launch day. If you do, then yes go wait in line at the store with the mass of unwashed heathens. If not, then wait a few days or a week and just call Verizon customer service number on the verizonwireless.com website. They'll get all your billing info and contact info into the system and then tell you to go down to the store and pick up your phone. They can even ship the phone to your home (which will need to be signed for so maybe ship to your office.)The number port won't take effect until you activate your new phone with VZW.

And don't listen to NGFM.

Just go into verizon/sprint/best buy and get the sales rep to do the number port for you. They don't mind because their money comes from the contract and the extras like cases etc.

Yeah, they charge retail for the cases. Better to buy that on Amazon once you get the phone home. They'll charge you $40 for a case you can get on Amazon for $10.

Don't listen to anything NGFM says. He's been DERPing harder than usual lately.

y doesnt everyone use prepaid

40/mo unlimited data/text and like 500 min

who the motherfuck talks on the phone anyway

You can do it on the web or over the phone. No need to go to store. Number doesnt port over till you have the replacement phone in hand to activate.

Back