So I just ordered two of these bad boys

mr_luc

Veteran X
From sparkfun.

ArduinoUSBBoard-01-L.jpg

So you just bought two microcontrollers? Hooray?

This is only the beginning.

When my swarm of autonomous solar-powered old-surfboard-based global explorers are taking over the world, then -- THEN -- you will see that this was more than buying a couple of ARM microcontrollers.

This is only the beginning.

When my swarm of autonomous solar-powered old-surfboard-based global explorers are taking over the world, then -- THEN -- you will see that this was more than buying a couple of ARM microcontrollers.

:tinfoil: On a serious note, I've been wanting to toy around with microcontrollers, but never really had the time or a good project to work on.

I'm in a silly mood, and I'm killing time in the states until I return to Ecuador. And I live on a lake here, so it's time for an impractical project I have no experience with.

So for an autonomous boat ...

Navigation: GPS and a compass.
Power: there are Arduino breakout boards for solar powered lith battery chargers.
Propulsion: slowness is no obstacle to my boardbot army. Any motor that turns will be sufficient for me.
Communication: it'd be nice to have some basic, say 1000m or so, rf serial capability.
Software: Ruby.

What do you-all think?

i once built a rocket and robot rover that explored the moon with an hd camera. it was so cool i ran over the footprints of the apollo 11 site. true story.

Back