[So] I got a new job [again]

shadowman

Veteran XV
I left IBM last July to work for a defense contractor up in Bloomington, MN. I left because I was recruited for a new R&D project that should have involved a lot of interesting hardware/software engineering work. This January however that project was cancelled, and the company hasn't exactly been on the ball on finding a lot of us new work (if there is any). Thus I'm now leaving said contractor to work for a small outfit (about 30 or so people) that develops high performance storage media/networks for broadcasting/content creation, etc. (think HD broadcasting, ILM, Pixar, etc). They also make rugged mil-spec storage solutions.

I'm pretty excited as this will allow me to really get into the development role I've been looking for (mainly kernel-space work and embedded systems work). That and since it is a small company I have a better opportunity to associate with the higher-ups and network with engineers much more senior than myself.

Between these two job changes I'm making 15% more than I was last June - never a bad thing :)

Cliffs:
- Better job doing real development work
- 15% more salary than I was making 9 months ago
- Hooray me

word, i think i might need to step up my shit before too long as well

what language do you mostly program in for shit like that? c/c++?

word, i think i might need to step up my shit before too long as well

what language do you mostly program in for shit like that? c/c++?

All depends. Mixture of C/C++ for this job but since it will be kernel-space work on devices etc there will be a need to understand/tweak assembly.

I'll also probably be tapped for my skills in developing test platform automation (which is mainly perl).

Funny thing is I'm an Electrical Engineering grad :lol:

Back