So I finally relented and bought a rusty old shitwagon...

Yeah it's hilarious constantly getting ripped by a guy that drives a Dodge POS that's more rust than metal. But it's OK he could afford a brand new one if he wanted to, obviously.

Those in this forum that constantly target you and I are too dim to realise that the things we have in common say more about them than about us.

I'm beginning to think that if any of these people actually visited the UAE (NOT military) it would take them 4 seconds to figure out, "holy crap this place is better than where I live."

They don't know because they've never been. The UAE is one of the best places I've ever lived, and I imagine it's much better now. Worst? Texas, by far. San Angelo, Texas is the worst place I've ever lived, and I spent 6 months there. 9 deplorable weeks in Lagos, Nigeria was really really bad. San Angelo, Texas was worse.

I hope you post here until it dies. Your posts are fun, and they rile up the racists.

UAE just changed their work week to align with others that work M-F. It was Tue-Sat for ages.

and by crack den i mean a structure that may have at one time been a tuff shed

way better than abu dhabi (named after aladdin's monkey sidekick -- adorable!)

UAE just changed their work week to align with others that work M-F. It was Tue-Sat for ages.

So far federal government only but schools will definitely follow suit. And it's not even 5 days, it's 4.5, since obviously Friday prayer is a big deal here.

So basically Monday to Thursday and Friday morning, government and schools will finish around 12:30.

I expect private sector will mostly follow suit but they have the choice. Wife's company already took the decision to do it since they connect with the rest of the world on a lot of work, and I'm sure it will be the same for most companies here.

i live in an old crack den in pueblo

way better than dubai and u kno it

I was never a fan of Dubai, and certainly a fan of Pueblo lol.

If you want to live in a nice place pick Fraser, CO or Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.

I've lived both.

I lived in Salt Lake for a couple of years. That town took Sunday seriously. Almost all businesses were closed. It has changed over the years but Sunday means family day in SLC. Bit of church, bit of socializing, bit of recreation. Good day to get some stuff done around the house. Even though I am not really a man of God, I liked having people around who served God and family. Not necessarily in that order but close. It brought a nice tempo to life.

Mitch continues to be the embodiment of the Napoleon complex.

"I'm a wittle man so I'm going to buy a big overpriced fancy brand SUV!"

It's like he's intentionally trying to live the stereotype.

I've lived both.

My daughter is at University in UK studying Arabic and Middle Eastern studies. She spends all of next year in Jordan at the University of Amman. So I am really looking forward to seeing a bit more of the true Arabia, as opposed to Disneyland Arabia.

I've lived both.

Fraser has that inverted weather. We called it Freezer. I used to spend time on bikes and skis out at Winter Park. Fraser was always about 10 degrees cooler. It felt good after cycling.

PS: Remember how you could skin up the backside of Winter Park and ride the top lift for free because they never checked up there? Loved doing that.

xlarge.jpg

Panoramic... And Parsenn Bowl. Back over the top towards Berthoud. That was a hoot.

Last edited:
Why doesn't Vanster move to UAE?

I suppose I could move back, but I like winter and I like skiiing, snowboarding, and my family has 8 snowmobiles.

I understand I need to be gentle. TW does not geography nor science much, but as the UAE is situated close to the Tropic Of Cancer, they do not get a lot of snow.

I have to sleep now. For the ones that don't have to stay up, work, whatever, awesome. peace.

Back