[so] I bought a camper!

Plasmatic

Contributor
Veteran XX
And a bigger truck to pull it!@

1973 Forester Travel Trailer.
IRVT7LU.jpg

New tires, ac, fridge, dvd player and cd player.
4hbLZyv.jpg

Pretty solid for the age, but you can see the new paneling inside. I plan on pulling the outer skin fixing any structural problems and resealing it. The wife wants to gut it and re panel the inside too.
CEhdGYU.jpg

Ol' Blue wasn't very happy puling a sail down the highway
vIimG3e.jpg

Zwkmexx.jpg

So I found a Dodge 2500 with a 5.9 Gas engine.
TMlSgwQ.jpg

KeUXctL.jpg

Yes it's ugly, but I paid $300 for it and drove it home. (Pitman arm fell off)
5IXKdfw.jpg

Wired that garbage up and drove slow. Added the belt later once I was home and waiting on parts.
v66ggH0g.jpg

Replaced the entire pitman from the steering box to the crossover. The track bar is almost done too, and it's spooky enough driving it now with that out. I can only imagine how terrifying it was before it the pitman arm broke.

[so] yeah, Truck and camper for less than a grand. I've already hauled a new fridge and a few cars with the truck.
St8yaaj.jpg

UOvvOyD.jpg

Last edited:
holy shit, where do you live to have all those rusted out shit job vehicles? that must suck. i would hate to drive rust buckets like that.

he owns like 10 damn cars new and shitty

im pretty sure hes just trying to get his own salvage yard business

I considered a diesel, but it can hit -25 F here in the winter, and I may end up plowing with this truck.

Pretty sure there may be some gay in there too. This was in the DVD player...
VVS02IT.jpg

haha holy shit i would have immediately set that fucking thing on fire and thrown gasoline on it

which has more bondo, the camper or the truck?

also do you get to park both in your front lawn or does that take the space up from your rusted old tractor and big blue?

Wait.. what?
Yeah. Brick houses don't stand a chance in earthquakes.

Back in March when i was visiting my kid, it was rows and rows and entire neighborhoods of brick houses. Was trippy as shit.

You can get a decorative brick and glue them below the windows etc but entire brick houses are a no go. I am sure some might still be standing somewhere but if there are, they might be historical buildings.

Back