So... Credit Card [fraud] [brackets] [ohnoes!]

Tanked

Veteran XV
Woke up this morning to an overdrafted account and several unauthorized charges to the debit card.

One of which was American Eagle.

After talking to the dumbass American Eagle rep, i have the email address, phone number (fake), shipped address, and name of the addresee for the package.

Google results in one facebook page for a person with the same name.

WHAT SHOULD I DO TW????

Email address for your pleasureable enjoyment.

jarodhl@yahoo.com

ETA: Fraud department at the bank has been informed. I'm asking what i should do to this douche who somehow got my info.

Last edited:
Are you fucking kidding me? Don't bother with American Eagle. Call the number on the back of your credit card and dispute the charge. They will give you a new card and credit the amount that was charged. They do a minor investigation but, as long as you aren't lying, no worries.

Are you fucking kidding me? Don't bother with American Eagle. Call the number on the back of your credit card and dispute the charge. They will give you a new card and credit the amount that was charged. They do a minor investigation but, as long as you aren't lying, no worries.

Eh? I did that first thing.

I'm playing detective now.

I want to play judge, jury, and executioner.

That's what this thread is about.

Woke up this morning to an overdrafted account and several unauthorized charges to the debit card.

One of which was American Eagle.

After talking to the dumbass American Eagle rep, i have the email address, phone number (fake), shipped address, and name of the addresee for the package.

Google results in one facebook page for a person with the same name.

WHAT SHOULD I DO TW????

Email address for your pleasureable enjoyment.

jarodhl@yahoo.com

Inform him that you will be visiting him since he tried to steal your identity. You won't go to jail since he's assume your identity and you're now a nameless person that won't go to jail.

Just because you found shipping information doesn't mean that's the person who stole your card. Let the credit card detectives figure it out, they're the ones who have to pay for it anyways.

Just because you found shipping information doesn't mean that's the person who stole your card. Let the credit card detectives figure it out, they're the ones who have to pay for it anyways.

Most of them won't do anything after confirming that it was a fraudulent charge. They often don't even give the victim any information about who did it so at least this way he'll be able to file charges.

Most of them won't do anything after confirming that it was a fraudulent charge. They often don't even give the victim any information about who did it so at least this way he'll be able to file charges.

The AE rep was not correct to give me the info. He was dumb enough for me to socially engineer a little.

But you are correct. They won't give a shit, especially in the piddly amounts i'm dealing with. 'Cause i'm not a dumbass and don't leave much money in the account linked to my debit card.

isn't it possible that the guy lost his card and the cashier was like "dont worry i can look up your account by your name" and it was accidental?

Apparently he created the account with my info. He had to have my address to use the debit card anyway.

My first name is Jarod and my address is Magnolia, though i basically live in The Woodlands, north of Houston.

isn't it possible that the guy lost his card and the cashier was like "dont worry i can look up your account by your name" and it was accidental?

No. Because i still have the card in my Wallet.

The package from American Eagle was shipped to an address in Miami Florida.

Another order (from another company) was shipped to San Diego, though the customer service rep wouldn't give me anything more than that.

Last edited:
he wouldn't need your card if they can look up an account by name and just process it. are you sure he needs your address to use the card?

he wouldn't need your card if they can look up an account by name and just process it. are you sure he needs your address to use the card?

Ive never ordered anything from American Eagle online, but i'll bet you a hundred bucks that you need the correct billing address for the order to go through.

Back