[[so][advice]] I was robbed last night

I AM right about the DVDs, correct? I mean, I know it's not the end of the world but we DID have quite a lot of movies. Am I right in assuming that unless they're caught with a duffle bag of dvds, we will never see them again?

Ascoe said:
who the fuck steals DVDs

it must be someone you know

and lock your shit up.

yeah. it's gotta be someone who was here (short list) or knew the guys who lived here last year. (the police are looking for them on unrelated charges - they've even come to our house a few times wondering if they still live here)

Have you interrogated this man???

katrina2.jpg

so you live in an apartment that you know was used by crack heads before you moved in? Sounds like a nice area/apartment...if you are gonna live in a marginal if not bad part of town, lock your shit down and/or get insurance on it and keep a good inventory of what you have.

i hope you get some or all of your shit back but I say this time around you are gonna have to pay the stupid tax.

However if you were a ninja you would hunt the pirates down and punch them in the face and steal your stuff back...owait...pirates beat ninjas...you're fucked.

gibsonic said:
so you live in an apartment that you know was used by crack heads before you moved in? Sounds like a nice area/apartment...if you are gonna live in a marginal if not bad part of town, lock your shit down and/or get insurance on it and keep a good inventory of what you have.

this is actually not too bad an area. (except for what just happened, we've had an awesome experiance living here.) we didn't know the quality of people that lived here before us until we talked to the neighbours.

Overall I think this thread is being very helpful. both usefull sugguestions and things to keep me amused when I don't even feel like ever leaving my house again. thank you tw.

Haven't read the entire thread, but sorry to hear of it. I've had it happen so many times the feeling of losing something I worked for is no where near the feeling of being raped. Hope you recover your losses somehow.

Pringles said:
Haven't read the entire thread, but sorry to hear of it. I've had it happen so many times the feeling of losing something I worked for is no where near the feeling of being raped. Hope you recover your losses somehow.

so you've been raped? you need more drugs that I thought.

Pringles said:

that came out of left feild. I guess I can be thankful for that though....I may be out a bunch of personal belongings but I wasn't ass pounded by a stranger.

NinjaFetus said:
that came out of left feild. I guess I can be thankful for that though....I may be out a bunch of personal belongings but I wasn't ass pounded by a stranger.
TW can hinder the ability to see definitions of words beyond homosexuality or racism, but I completely understand.

you weren't robbed. your house was burglarized. being robbed implies the immediate use/threat of use of force with the demand of something of value, in person.

just a technicality. :)

btw, the pawn shops aren't going to lift a finger to help you.

if u have renters insurance and you know which movies you had, you would most likely get all of them back
some insurance companies replace things item for item whereas some do it by value of goods and give u money
either way dvds are all the same price or easy to find so it shouldnt be that hard to get them all back

Lock youre windows?

The DVDs are gone, and so are the laptops. By now they are in some drug dealers house , stacked in the corner, probly sold for next to nothing.

Drug addicts would give that shit up for a nights worth of high sadely enough.

What I would do is take measures now so it never happens again- ever.

Back