simple recipes

Loco-Raider

Contributor
Veteran XV
I have a habit of not preparing my own meals because I'm not home very often. I also suck at cooking but need to get better. I'm basically just looking for some easy recipes that don't cost a fortune as well. Things you can reheat would be great so I can take to work for lunch as well.

Also, what do you all normally have your kitchens stocked with?

recipe1.jpg

Frozen Margherita pizza.

Put sausage, onion, and extra cheese on it.

You should get a lot of satisfaction from this masterpiece.

my staple meats are ground turkey and chicken breast.
I typically use the turkey to do something mexican like tacos or use it in an italian meatsauce, can also make meatballs or chili. the chicken I will sometimes poach and shred or stir fry in an asian dish. Brocolli is my staple vegetable along with spinach and I have one or the other just about every night. I usually try to incorporate a whole grain / whole grain pasta / or whole wheat bread as a side if necessary. Sweet potatoes are also very good.

Usually in my fridge:

Chicken
Salmon
Salami
Turkey
Apples
Grapes
Pears
Plums
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Bell Pepper
Garlic
Zucchini
Mushroom
Rustic Bread
Sandwich Bread
A few different cheeses (Fresh mozz, goat, brie, parmesan, cheddar, etc...)
juice
beer.

You can make a fair amount with those. Just mix and match.

Usually in my fridge:

Chicken
Salmon
Salami
Turkey
Apples
Grapes
Pears
Plums
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Bell Pepper
Garlic
Zucchini
Mushroom
Rustic Bread
Sandwich Bread
A few different cheeses (Fresh mozz, goat, brie, parmesan, cheddar, etc...)
juice
beer.

You can make a fair amount with those. Just mix and match.

do you really keep all those fruits and veggies in the fridge? i like to leave mine on the counter

Staple meats
Buffalo and Chicken

Veggies
Corn, broccoli, carrots and onion

easy to fix and reheat later? tons..

The easy ones to start with will probably be a pasta dish you can make and then just do leftovers for a couple days from.

Easiest way to cook the chicken, especially if you suck at it, is to just boil it in stock and then shred it and use it whatever you want to make (chicken salad, chicken soup, goulash, etc).

Back