Simcity

Cities XL rocks for the record

map-pfeu04-towerton04.jpg

Code:
10 Feb 2010, 7:35pm      Cup     Crowes v Dora Creek Storm      Won 102-0
Accidentally still had "like there's no tomorrow" set following my grand final. :D

So yeah, I'm now into Div III, #1287 in the world (crap, 7745 teams in total!)

Nice, beat my opponent on WNWIM 118-0

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=4150903

My pack is ridiculously large, have yet to play a match in which they are smaller then anyone

Selling one of my vets actually as getting all younger players, after he goes and one other probably will not do another deal for a few seasons save salary savers

Need a player with 14 stamina and 11 defense, plus handling, speed...

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=3135790

BTW, SimCopter has a "g4y bug" in it.
Consider the example of SimCopter. A designer named Jacques Servin decided of his own accord to include a bit of beefcake in Maxis' SimCity spinoff, giving birth to "himbos". "Himbos" were shirtless, Speedo-clad men with nipples as bright as runway lights. The men would gather together in large numbers on certain dates, taking the place of some of the scantily clad women originally featured in the game. Servin, himself openly gay, included the bit of secret code on a lark, figuring Maxis would find it amusing.

They did not.

The Easter Egg was discovered shortly after the game's initial release, with 78,000 copies making it out the door beforehand. Jacques was terminated, and Maxis created a patch to remove the half-dressed men, also offering a service where customers could call in to get their disks replaced. Jacques' comments at the time neatly summed up the atmosphere of the early 90's.

The stupid bug pops up on like only one particular day of any year.

Nice, beat my opponent on WNWIM 118-0

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=4150903

My pack is ridiculously large, have yet to play a match in which they are smaller then anyone

Selling one of my vets actually as getting all younger players, after he goes and one other probably will not do another deal for a few seasons save salary savers

Need a player with 14 stamina and 11 defense, plus handling, speed...

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=3135790

My Outside Centre is a bit of a weak point at the moment, but I'd rather steer clear of the market unless I really need to and make use of my academy. Takes longer for the results, sure, but I find it a lot more satisfying (plus I'm not propping up other players buying aging stars ;) )

My left wing and fullback are both 29. I've got another FB coming through my academy, but am still trying to find some good wingers. From those guys though, the next oldest is my tight head at 25.. Most of the guys are pretty young.

My pack is spot on 1000kg for the 8 of them. 653 in the tight 5, with the loosies obviously a bit lighter (open side flanker is obviously the smallest at 108kg & 187cm, 19 years old with a 28k CSR, 12 def, 10 str, and 8 spd) My #3 is the oldest in there at 25 years old.. average age is just 21, there's a lot of years left in those guys, including this young fella recently promoted out of my academy:

Code:
4. Jeffery Pinnock  Add Shortcut
18 years old   |   28,979 CSR (+450)   |   199 cm   |   127 kg   |   Australia
Left handed, left footed, in impressive form, and supercharged energy levels.
An aggressive player with reckless discipline, decent leadership, and non-existent experience.
Stamina: 	Average 		Handling: 	Decent 	
Attack: 	Reputable 		Defense: 	Reputable 	
Technique: 	Average 		Strength: 	Princely 	
Jumping: 	Impressive 		Speed: 	Horrible 	
Agility: 	Limited 		Kicking: 	Despicable

Yeah, he's a little short, but at 18 years old with a 12 str and 11 jump already, he more than makes up for a few cm short in the lineout.

Also... getting quite thoroughly smashed in my game in progress at the moment. 52-0 with 20 minutes left to play. Stats say they're killing me in ruck & maul, and obviously possession from that and meters gained, but territory is 51-49.. most other stats fairly close, too. Bit of a disappointing scoreline given the stats, really.

Last edited:
consolation try there at the end... one of my props just pushed over after spending 6 phases within 10m of the try line... then we gave away a penalty from the kick-off :/ 55-7 at full time.

2000 was so great...

I could plug any city into SimCopter...

but that one day would aways come...

when the homosexuals would parade in their speedos :hrm:

I have a floppy copy of Simcopter, do not know if it has bug, but I doupt I'll be playing on that one day of the year without preplanning, so it's all good.

were they sim-fags?
Yes, they would start popping up all over the place...

pretty soon that's all there would be. Worse than a zombie plague if you ask me. You couldn't move around or swap helicopters because they'd crowd around you persistently.

Let me see if I can find the date that the bug occurs...ah here we go:
It was SimCity creator Will Wright himself, Servin says, who discovered the hack, which will churn out more Speedo-sporting youths at certain times of year, like Friday the 13th and Servin's birthday, 30 September. Then, Servin claims, "everywhere you look," you'll see "muscle studs kissing everything in sight, especially one another." Servin also used the animation editor to thicken the legs and arms of some of the female Sims "to try to make them into drag queens," he says, but admits that they still "weren't noticeably anything but hot chicks."

I have that gigantic picture of Hong Kong set as my work PC background, and it has made me want to play Sim City ever since. I was thinking about it earlier this morning in fact.

I think Sim City 2000 and 3000 were my favorites. SC4 is a great game as well, but the zoning tool which automatically places roads really pissed me off.

I have that gigantic picture of Hong Kong set as my work PC background, and it has made me want to play Sim City ever since. I was thinking about it earlier this morning in fact.

I think Sim City 2000 and 3000 were my favorites. SC4 is a great game as well, but the zoning tool which automatically places roads really pissed me off.

You can disable that...

Back