Should i get an iphone when i am in the USA?

Littlex

Veteran X
So, some of you maybe allready know i am from europe/germany and the iphone is not yet released here.

In two days i am going to NY for a week and i need a new phone asap because my old RAZR is falling apart, so i thought i could maybe get an iphone when i am in the usa. With the current EURO->Dollar exchange rate, i would safe a nice ammount of money and i dont think that the iphone will be cheaper then in the us when it will be released in europe.

I am in no way a big apple fan and i dont know much about the iphone, some days ago i just saw a digg article which said that the first free unlocker is available, so i could use it here.

So what makes the iphone worth to get it? Is there something you can do with the iphone what you cant do with a windows mobile phone? How do you sync the iphone? Whats the general feedback on the phone?

A general feedback with pros and cons would be nice.

Thanks TW!

Edit: oh yeah what i know is, that when you tilt the phone the screen rotates!

You'd be fucking retarded if you did.

Apple is releasing an iPhone for the Euro market with 16GB and 3G/HSPDA before the end of the year.

So, some of you maybe allready know i am from europe/germany and the iphone is not yet released here.

In two days i am going to NY for a week and i need a new phone asap because my old RAZR is falling apart, so i thought i could maybe get an iphone when i am in the usa. With the current EURO->Dollar exchange rate, i would safe a nice ammount of money and i dont think that the iphone will be cheaper then in the us when it will be released in europe.

I am in no way a big apple fan and i dont know much about the iphone, some days ago i just saw a digg article which said that the first free unlocker is available, so i could use it here.

So what makes the iphone worth to get it? Is there something you can do with the iphone what you cant do with a windows mobile phone? How do you sync the iphone? Whats the general feedback on the phone?

A general feedback with pros and cons would be nice.

Thanks TW!

Edit: oh yeah what i know is, that when you tilt the phone the screen rotates!

NO, dont get one. The iphone will not work as intented in germany, because it doesnt supprt GSM (the european standard for cells), And it doesnt support 3G. Basicly you will have a phone which you cant make calls with. The only thing they unlock is software installations to the iphone, and some guy managed to solder a simcard reader into it.

The hack china posted is the old one, this is the new, software only hack: iPhone Unlock Free Software GUI!

And i do not want to buy one, i am just overthinking the option to get one. Thats why i am asking here to get some feedback. How about to post some cons., instead just saying "lolol dont get one uwillbesogaydud!"

Killer bunny, the iphone is capable of GSM, so i would be able to use it.

Afaik the only drawback of the american iphone is that it has no 3G (or UMTS how we call it here). Maybe its allready build in but not activated?

Well, for one, the Edge network is quite slow, but other than that I would be concerned only with the fragility of such a construction. I'm sure that like all phones, it is quite sturdy, but to have a scuffed up iphone would be quite an ugly thing.

Still Steve Jobs would like you to smash your snausage with it.

You can hack the phone but they just came out with the directions and it does involve some work, even though they say a 10 year old can do it.

If you're not sure about what to do, then get the new iPod. It has just about everything the iPhone does minus the phone. Then get a cheap phone that you know works in Germany.

If you've got the cash then go ahead and get the iPhone. It's worth it for surfing the net. It's like a portable computer.

I guess the best thing to do is visit an Apple Store and trying it in person. Then you'll know what to do.

Back