Shane Smith - Joe Rogan Experience - Guy who does the VICE documentaries

he plays up his stories a bit to make them more dramatic than they really are, but the stories are def interesting. just don't form your entire opinion based on his stories :eek: However, just listened to his interview and the interview is pretty spot on about north korea

north koreans paying respects to the massive kim il sung statue in pyongyang when i was there...holla
64891442060198346500093.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to experience some of the things he has done. But, I don't think I could ever get myself to get off the couch to do it.

By the way his part about the most dangerous places is spot on (like 40min in)
North Korea, Russia, etc...no problem

Mexico, Kingston, Liberia...places with no governance or order...you get in trouble you are fucked

By the way his part about the most dangerous places is spot on (like 40min in)
North Korea, Russia, etc...no problem

Mexico, Kingston, Liberia...places with no governance or order...you get in trouble you are fucked

this

i've been to all of those places save for liberia and i've never been more worried about my safety than in jamaica

this

i've been to all of those places save for liberia and i've never been more worried about my safety than in jamaica

you went to north korea? when? Kim Il Sung's 100th birthday next April OH YEAH PARTY TIME IN THE DPRK SUBWAY

59068435855448346500093.jpg

nice...i went last september after they tried to start a war, but before the artillery strike mess. Wasnt an issue really. we had a pretty awesome young guide. I'll have to hit you up for your story some time, did you go through koryo tours?

We ran into Henry Rollins while we were over there, pretty random seeing a B list celeb over there.

Last edited:
I too enjoyed this, and I have now been trolling through the vice site trying to find more quality. I am looking forward to their Belfast episode. So far though it looks like there is only a preview up for it.

Is the interview worth listening to if you've seen all his videos? Or is it just him telling stories of stuff that you can already see?

It's why I tell people not to visit Mexico. For some reason, people want to travel "off the beaten path" and that leads to being kidnapped. I wouldn't even go to the big resorts, went to Hawaii instead and had a great time.

I too enjoyed this, and I have now been trolling through the vice site trying to find more quality. I am looking forward to their Belfast episode. So far though it looks like there is only a preview up for it.

I watched the belfast one last night .. that place is a ticking time bomb

Back