Seriously, though.

Red Shifter

Veteran XX
Why the hell is everyone still on the T2sux/T1sux/T:Vsux train?

Isn't it clear that all three are better than 95% of the crap out there already? Even Vengeance is better than most of it.

I can tell you the reason that most people are on the T2Sux / T:VSux train is because the developers of T2/T:V failed miserably in recreating the magic that T1 brought.

Albeit, T2 did eventually turn out to be a playable game - only after it created a huge hype / rift within the T1 community, only to be a huge let down. Nevermind it took years of community involvement to make it a somewhat enjoyable game.

T:V just compounded upon this same issue. We again stuck by this franchise in the hopes that past mistakes would not be repeated, and low and behold history always repeats itself. Except this time, VUG dropped support and left us with shit for further community based development.

So.. Yes, I'm a T1 vet still ridin' on the "anti-T2/T:V train of discontent." T1, in it's aged glory still brings more fun than T2/T:V ever have or ever will.

Its all subjective now.

The fact is that we all keep regurgatating the same comments because whether you are a die hard T1 player, T2 player TV player etc, deep inside we all hope and yearn for that one kick ass successor that will bring the fire back to the franchise. Once you "get" Tribes multiplayer gameplay you are ruined forever because nothing ever seem quite as fun. You can play BF2, or Prey etc but you'll always find something just doesnt seem as intense.

I'm finding Ghost Recon to be rather amusing, but that's just me.

Tribes will always hold a place in my heart - hell, I bought a copy of T2 instead of a ring for my then-gf which ruined the relationship in a week - so if anything ever looks remotly promising, I'll be playing it. (Related to Tribes, that is)

I play Tribes (T1, T:V) occasionally. I don't really like any other online games, so I basically stick to single players, mainly Nintendo games.

the problem is each games sequal is slightly different.. and some people react very negatively to change .. its unfortunate..

T2 was a great game at release if it wasnt for hte combined problems with unhandled exceptions and errors and the T1 vets who claimed it "sucks" because its slightly different than what they are used to.

same with T:V

so its a little different.. get over it.. its still a fun game.

Teach yourself to conform to all 3 and thats called actual tribes skill.. not just T1 or t2 or T:V or specific mods within.

I play my share of games.. Single player doesnt do anyhting for me.. i have to know someone is on the otherside slamming theyre fist agaisnt their computer desks when i kill them.

these are the games i play:
http://209.85.12.227/427/191/upload/p1578985.jpg

TW Members = 15,730

T2 copies sold = 420,000

So, for the 404,270 ppl who bought it who didn't play T1 and visit these forums, T2 wasn't that bad of a game afterall. Actually many of the people who got T2 had not played T1 at all so they had no complaint other than the UE's.

All 3 games were each fun in their own right.

Hell, I'd rather play T:V than BF2, CS, or GR anyday. At least the Tribes titles had some imagination to them. Something that is lacking in today's saturated market.

I like to think that if T2 had less bugs at release and some decent physic many more t1 vet would have accept it.

it's a puritist thing.

I played Unreal 1 when it was released in 1998 and still go in occasionally for a few frags. I've played every UT release since and I just can't get into them. To me, I feel as though UT ruined the imaginative feel that Unreal 1 had.

Same for the peeps who fell in love with T1. Everything after wasn't the same at all.

In the end though, look at how many people were playing both UT99 and T2. Neither one was good enough for the players who played the originals, but thousands upon thousands didn't care either way :)

The overall look was much more imaginative. In Unreal 1, the graphics put anything else out at the time to shame. In the single player part of the game, when you get out of the ship in the first level almost everyone who played it stood there looking at the world that just unfolded on their computer screen.

In muliplayer, the maps we concentric to the gameplay. The character models were, well, believable.

UT made these chunky, cartoonish-looking cahracter models, smaller maps, and turned it into a glorified version of Quake Arena. The unreal 1 maps were proportiened to the gameplay. Some were very small, action packed arena's while others were extremely large. Unreal 1 had a depth of field that the UT's never recaptured.

The first thing I noticed about T2 was the better depth of field than in T1. Most of it was due to the shading capabilities of the Torque engine.

Great, here come 25 fucking pages of the same god damn things everyone has already said 400 times.

None of us should be talking about it anymore.

gm01hm5.jpg

never player T1
played T:V demo, liked the idea, but disliked some stuff

like any good gamer, when you find a game that is good but misses on something, you go after the sequel/precessor. in that case T2

bought T2 on ebay for 3 dollars

got it like 3 days ago and I dig it...

T1 graphics just scare me I think, I dont know...

imo, T:V wasnt that bad until it lost support. The atmosphere was horrible when that happened. We all were waiting on some flippin path to come out, but meh.
Even thought t1 has pretty ordinary graphics, its the gameplay that really brought the best experience i have ever had online.

T1 graphics just scare me I think, I dont know.

T1 Looks fine to me graphics wise
57113.0.gif

92113.01.JPG

T1 ^

BTW if u want The entire game tribes full already updated to look like those images. u can use the beta i uploaded of Bongs 3.0 there are a few things that i need to add before i replease it officialy. but ive been playing with it for a few weeks like that.
http://dfclan.org/downloads/Bong3.0beta.rar

Last edited:
Back